Andre Dawson commits to....

cykoholic

Jan 7, 2010
With as bad as Andre Dawson's knees are I can't imagine us taking a chance on him, even if he is a hall-of-famer

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
Huge Get for us.

The tandem of Carlos Anderson and Dawson (and graduation of Pat Grace) makes us really tough going forward.

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
Huge Get for us.

The tandem of Carlos Anderson and Dawson (and graduation of Pat Grace) makes us really tough going forward.

YES! I think the addition of Roth will be big too in the coming years. IMO he could end up being a much better passer and is a little...well a lot lighter than Pat.

Either way, I think missing out on a kid with this kind of athletic ability is a big miss. There is always some way that an athlete like this can fit into an offensive scheme.

CyRyder

Jan 2, 2010
Norwalk, IA
ISU coaches looked at him for awhile and supposedly told him then that they were eyeing some other RB's first, so they didn't offer then. As the process went on, his grades became an issue. I've heard from different people that he was ready to commit to ISU if they offered (I've also heard he tried committing to KU and Illinois but they took back their offers). Time will tell if this hurts ISU, but I'm pretty sure the coaches feel more confident with the guys they got coming in. Would have been great though to open up that CR Washington pipeline.

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
Pat never found a beer or a cheeseburger he didn't like.

I love Zach Davis for the next two years and then wait until you see Anthony Iannotti in two years. He has all sorts of passing records in Illinois and is 6-6 220. We are really set up for an Appalachian State/ Montana type run in the next few years.

Reactions: Cybyassociation

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'll tell you why we weren't pursuing Andre Dawson...

Because ARob, James White, Bo Williams, Beau Blankenship, Shontrelle Johnson, and Duran Hollis are all better than Dawson is. We have 6 scholarship RBs and only one is a senior. We couldn't afford to take 3 RBs in this class... and the two we got are better IMO.

Pretty clear cut to me.

CYKOFAN

Mar 27, 2006
BCPanther- I think you got another good rb/safety in David Johnson out of Clinton. Wish we would have had a spot for him or got him to walk on.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
UNI is a DI school and we were pursuing...:smile:

I mean a real D1 school....:smile:

I used to love visiting UNI back in college.... is it still a challenge not to get on a chick at Tony's, Sharkys, or Shag's? I loved that place, 70% women and they were all easy.

BCPanther

Jul 13, 2009
Waterloo
Farley's recruiting has gotten really really good the past three or four years. The philosophy has gone away from competing with the Mac for players at their level and has gone to getting the kids that get 3 for 5 offers from the BCS, or preferred walk on status from the BCS.

Its becoming pretty clear that very good high school players would rather compete for national titles at the FCS level than go to a MAC school and get crushed by 3 B10/B12 teams and play in the International Bowl.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron