UNC

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
FWIW, Roy has 10 RSCI Top 50 players on his team, including 7 McDonald's All-Americans.

Lot of young players but their biggest problem is their guards. Their guard play is not good. They have the bigs to be really good

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
If UNI wins tonight, we could be ranked ahead of North Carolina tomorrow.

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
If UNI wins tonight, we could be ranked ahead of North Carolina tomorrow.

I will say that as somewhat of a UNC fan growing up and the part of me that cheers for any team in the state of IA as long as they aren't playing ISU that if UNI wins and is not in the top 25 ahead of UNC then it truly shows how bad the coaches, media, and NCAA are at trying to keep the name programs in the know and the smaller programs in their shadows. This would really **** me off! It's getting really bad w/the whole BCS in football and now NCAA basketball basing rankings off of the name on the jersey alone.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
I will say that as somewhat of a UNC fan growing up and the part of me that cheers for any team in the state of IA as long as they aren't playing ISU that if UNI wins and is not in the top 25 ahead of UNC then it truly shows how bad the coaches, media, and NCAA are at trying to keep the name programs in the know and the smaller programs in their shadows. This would really **** me off! It's getting really bad w/the whole BCS in football and now NCAA basketball basing rankings off of the name on the jersey alone.

You are 100% dead on here my friend. The way they prop up the SEC (and most Big name teams) in the polls for football makes me angry. I love college football and I don’t have a major problem with the system if they could just police the rankings. No wonder the SEC has won the last 4 NC’S. Seriously they are good and likely the best, but after Utah thumped Bama 2 years ago and the teams that were Boise and TCU this year, I can’t in good faith say they deserve to be the automatic choice.

There are a lot of good teams anymore and when you have a system where it is in your best interest to prop your regional and conference teams in the polls, most will do just that. Anyone see where the PAC 10 coaches and Jim Harbaugh in particular rated their teams before the bowls…………??

I propose you aren’t allowed to rank teams within your own region.

Chad

clone4lyfe

May 21, 2008
West Des Moines
You are 100% dead on here my friend. The way they prop up the SEC (and most Big name teams) in the polls for football makes me angry. I love college football and I don’t have a major problem with the system if they could just police the rankings. No wonder the SEC has won the last 4 NC’S. Seriously they are good and likely the best, but after Utah thumped Bama 2 years ago and the teams that were Boise and TCU this year, I can’t in good faith say they deserve to be the automatic choice.

There are a lot of good teams anymore and when you have a system where it is in your best interest to prop your regional and conference teams in the polls, most will do just that. Anyone see where the PAC 10 coaches and Jim Harbaugh in particular rated their teams before the bowls…………??

I propose you aren’t allowed to rank teams within your own region.

Chad

I still think the big conferences gave the Fiesta Bowl a nice chunk of change to pick those two teams to play each other this year just so nobody in their conferences risked the chance of being embarrased by them.

I wouldn't necessarily say they can't rank teams in their region but I would say that no coach should be able to rank a team that they have scheduled in that year. I think coaches just boost up their own RPI and other power rankings by ranking teams in their conference and on their schedules higher than they should be. SEC in football= ACC in basketball as far as the NCAA looking out for them to make sure they're up top every year. Not that most the teams aren't good but a lot of them aren't as good as they're perceived to be.

cmhawks99

Nov 15, 2008
Bourbonnais, Il
I still think the big conferences gave the Fiesta Bowl a nice chunk of change to pick those two teams to play each other this year just so nobody in their conferences risked the chance of being embarrased by them.

I wouldn't necessarily say they can't rank teams in their region but I would say that no coach should be able to rank a team that they have scheduled in that year. I think coaches just boost up their own RPI and other power rankings by ranking teams in their conference and on their schedules higher than they should be. SEC in football= ACC in basketball as far as the NCAA looking out for them to make sure they're up top every year. Not that most the teams aren't good but a lot of them aren't as good as they're perceived to be.

Nice statement and how I feel as well. They are good, but they go waaaaayyy over board in my mind. As to your original premise I will agree that it was intriguing that they matched them up again.

I think Iowa could have matched up with either one of them but as I told someone pre-bowl announcements. I would rather play an SEC or BCS school even if that meant NOT going to a BCS game. 1st off I liked both those teams plus although it isn’t like it used to be you still get a little………..“Well you didn’t play team “X†from “X†conference†and if you lose then the Big 10 sucks all over gain.

Chad

06Panther

Sep 1, 2008
Panthers win 15th straight tonight beating Indiana State 62-40. Look for UNI to jump into the top 25 on Monday.:yes::notworthy:

HiltonMagic

Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
Really, they should be ranked somewhere 21-25. They only have one bad loss, 3 of their losses are against the Top 5, and the other 2 are in the Top 20.