Williams Blog: More 2010 O-Line Notes

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Chris,

Did Hayworth Hicks come up at all with his availability for next year and how the academics are coming along?

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Chris,

Did Hayworth Hicks come up at all with his availability for next year and how the academics are coming along?

Was just going to ask the same thing. That's the other main piece as far as locking down a starting OL. If Hicks is back, I expect him to give Alvarez a run at LG. That's a battle that I could see going on through the summer and into two-a-days. The others may get pushed by Caspers and a few other guys, but IMO their positions are pretty set.

khaal53

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 13, 2006
Was just going to ask the same thing. That's the other main piece as far as locking down a starting OL. If Hicks is back, I expect him to give Alvarez a run at LG. That's a battle that I could see going on through the summer and into two-a-days. The others may get pushed by Caspers and a few other guys, but IMO their positions are pretty set.

Yeah, I don't know. I'm not an O-Line guru by any means, but Alvarez seems to be the type that we as fans always expect to get beat out, but never does. I wouldn't be surprised with either of them starting.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX

if Hicks is back i expect him to start at RG leaving Alex at LG

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Great info, Chris. Hope to see more of these articles over next few months.

dinger

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2006
Plano, TX
if Hicks is back i expect him to start at RG leaving Alex at LG

I lied, I'm thinking Haughton. yes i agree Hicks will be competing with Alvarez at LG.

as I posted in the previous Oline thread...

so if i read that correctly the 1 deeps will be:

LT-KO
LG-Alvarez
C-Lamaak
RG-Haughton
RT-Burris

this leaves Hicks, Baysinger, Caspers, Spears, Smith, Tuftee and Bykowski among others fighting for 2 deeps. i'm ok with that.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron