Texas Tech

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
Neal Brown looks like a good hire to TT at OC.

I did not know that Troy had racked up that many yards last year.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
No there wasn't, but I would promote from within. Keep the same system, this amazes me.

I don't know if anyone else on the staff could run it as effectively. If that offense isn't run precisely it will not work at all. You may look at the bowl game as an indication someone could but that was one game within the sme season. I don't know if whoever was on that staff could sustain it.

Also I don't think your hire TT to come in and do the same things. He knows what he is doing on his own. If they hired him with the intention of nothing changing this will not work. If they wanted that they should have hired McNeil.

IowaSTATCyclone

Dec 4, 2009
TT at TT will be very interesting. Tech was distinguished by its style as much as its winning ways. If they had the same string of bowl appearances, but played a more formal style, I don't think they would have the same attraction. Trading a pirate for a riverboat gambler looks like a good move, on paper.

But if they miss a bowl game next year expect all hell to break loose. I'm guessing the transition between offenses won't be horrible, but I wonder if the talent currently at Tech won't calibrate very well to the slight changes. Tuberville's two other rookie seasons were not memorable.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
No there wasn't, but I would promote from within. Keep the same system, this amazes me.

If the guy that hired them didn't see anyone on the staff that he wanted to
promote to the position why do you think the new guy would?