JUCO signees???

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I see that CR has a new article about the new JUCO signees and whether they have made it to campus, has anyone heard anything about them?? I figured I since we are getting closer to signing day thought I would try to spark a little recruiting talk....

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
I saw all four of them on Saturday at the basketball games. I doubt there are any problems, just trying to increase traffic over there.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I saw all four of them on Saturday at the basketball games. I doubt there are any problems, just trying to increase traffic over there.

By all four I assume you mean just the four that EE. Young and Givens are still at their JUCO

pyrocyz

Jun 2, 2006
Ames
By all four I assume you mean just the four that EE. Young and Givens are still at their JUCO

Well seeing that they haven't signed yet...I obviously didn't see there.

I saw the four early entrees that the OP asked about.

jburke

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, IA
Yeah sorry.. i knew it was one of em that i was thinkin.
Either way, I think Howard will stay at TE, with Cattlett graduating and Brykowski possibly moving to Tackle and Hammerschimt off the field problems I think Howard can have instant impact in a rotation with Franklin.

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
Either way, I think Howard will stay at TE, with Cattlett graduating and Brykowski possibly moving to Tackle and Hammerschimt off the field problems I think Howard can have instant impact in a rotation with Franklin.

I think that all the JUCOs we signed this year could have a MAJOR impact this season, regardless of what their going to play.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Well seeing that they haven't signed yet...I obviously didn't see there.

I saw the four early entrees that the OP asked about.

Forgive me I skipped over the "signee" part in the OP. I thought he was aksing about all of them.

mizouse87

Aug 3, 2006
Des Moines
All four are officially on campus with no issues getting signed up for the spring semester.

As a previous poster eluded to, I truly think these four jucos, as well as the other jucos (if we still sign them) will make a big impact in the upcoming season. So far nobody has mentioned Caspers and I think he may be one of the best O-Linemen we recruited this year. Let's just hope they all have a productive spring and get a grasp on the playbook.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
All four are officially on campus with no issues getting signed up for the spring semester.

As a previous poster eluded to, I truly think these four jucos, as well as the other jucos (if we still sign them) will make a big impact in the upcoming season. So far nobody has mentioned Caspers and I think he may be one of the best O-Linemen we recruited this year. Let's just hope they all have a productive spring and get a grasp on the playbook.

I am so glad that these four were able to sign on early. Spring ball and S&C will help them so much going into fall.

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
When's the last time we had this many signed players arriving for spring semester? Usually it's only one or two. I'm officially pumped up for the spring game.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
How did they look? Nelson's photo on rivals is impressive. His arms are huge and look long. Should really be able to wrap up tackling.