Big 12 Teams in "Early" 2010 Football Rankings

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
Some of the "early" 2010 football rankings are coming out and the Big 12 isn't showing up as well as we'd like to see. Here are three I found:

Rivals:
7. Nebraska
8. Texas
12. Oklahoma

ESPN:
5. Texas
8. Nebraska
12. Oklahoma

College Hotline:
9. Nebraska
14. Texas
17. Oklahoma
20. Missouri

As a point of reverence, Alabama is rated number-one and Ohio State two in all three polls. Iowa is 14, 9, and 8 respectively.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Some of the "early" 2010 football rankings are coming out and the Big 12 isn't showing up as well as we'd like to see. Here are three I found:

Rivals:
7. Nebraska
8. Texas
12. Oklahoma

ESPN:
5. Texas
8. Nebraska
12. Oklahoma

College Hotline:
9. Nebraska
14. Texas
17. Oklahoma
20. Missouri

As a point of reverence, Alabama is rated number-one and Ohio State two in all three polls. Iowa is 14, 9, and 8 respectively.

What? Iowa's supposed to be the national champs next year!:jimlad:

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
how can texas be behind nebraska?! nebraska had no offense and they lose Suh.. i know Texas loses McCoy but wow that really kind of shocks me

MrReality

Sep 5, 2008
Texas loses basically all their playmakers. McCoy, Shipley, Kindle, Earl Thomas, and Muckelroy just off the top of my head. Nebraska returns 10 offensive starters and the offense looked much better in the bowl game. Obviously losing Suh hurts, but D-line had some depth with Baker Steinkuhler (who was actually a higher rated recruit than Suh out of high school) likely replacing Suh. Probably the biggest concern for the Nebraska D is replacing Phil Dillard. Dillard was playing great at the end of the year and the other linebackers looked below average throughout the season. They have a commitment from one of the top Juco LB's (Lavonte David), but who knows if he will be ready to contribute in 2010.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
how can texas be behind nebraska?! nebraska had no offense and they lose Suh.. i know Texas loses McCoy but wow that really kind of shocks me

A healthy Zac Lee and Roy Helu will be huge (for those who don't know, Lee underwent surgery on his throwing elbow and/or hand right after the Holiday Bowl that was injured early in the year) along with more experienced WR's and the offense should be much improved in 2010.

Edit: I self-deleted the rest of my reply as Mr.Reality addressed my other points.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron