Who will makes the biggest impact in 2010...

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
Looking for who as a redshirt or incoming freshman, or JUCO might make our team significantly better next year. Who will be our David Sims of 2010?

Offense: I think the biggest impact might come from WR. With the likes of Blanton and Jennert both redshirting, and the incoming guys Jarvis West and Chris Young, i think its going to be Jarvis West who makes the quantum leap next year. He brings speed and elusiveness into an offense that desperately needs it. We need guys out wide that can make a double move and then take any pass to the house. Do that, and we all will be surprised at how much the running game will open up.

Defense: This to me is much easier. Although we add talent in Anthony Young to take the place of the departing Banks, and we lose all three starters at linebacker....so either Klein, Knott, Taufoou, Hamlin, George, Hubert, Mattison will fill those voids nicely....the biggest need we have is on pressure from the DLINE.....so to me, the impact guy would be Rony Nelson. If he could come in and get half as many sacks as he did in JUCO he would still be twice as many as our season leader!!!!

So there it is, West and Nelson those are my two impact players.....

JDDCy

Jul 1, 2006
On defense I hope Young can lock down Bank's vacant corner spot so Benton can stay at the nickle where he was very good prior to his injury. If that happens I have a feeling Wally will go almost exclusively with 5 dbacks which helps with our LB depth. Knott, Klein, Lattimore, Taufoo-sp and others will be fighting for playing time at 2 spots instead of 3.

On offense with a full season in the system as well as a few games of experience prior to his injury I hope Money makes the impact a lot of people were expecting from him this season.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'll go with Money on offense, and Rony Nelson on defense.

If these two have big years, the Clones will too.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think the group of incoming receivers as a whole could really turn things around for our passing game. If these guys can get open, AA will hit 'em.

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Offense: Money

Defense: Durrell Givens. I think he is going to be a huge playmaker for us.

snowcraig2.0

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 2, 2007
Cedar Rapids, IA
I think we have better players at LB than on the DL. That being said, any chance we go to the 3-4? or maybe even a 3-3-5 look?

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I think we have better players at LB than on the DL. That being said, any chance we go to the 3-4? or maybe even a 3-3-5 look?

3-3-5 could be a good look for this team at times. I'm sure Wally has already laid out different scenarios depending on how the recruiting class turns out.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Jennert. Will be a huge impact imo.

I think he is listed as a TE. Not that he can't be a huge impact player, but I doubt if his body is ready to be that good at this point.

Offense:Arnaud/Money

Defense:Nelson/LJ

Special Teams:Jarvis West

nhclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2008
On offense I would agree with West. He has the speed that this team needs. Shontrelle Johnson or James White could also be nice additions if they can help spell A Rob for a few carries each game and keep him fresh. On D I think Rony Nelson will have an immediate impact off the edge. Also look for a DT to step in and make some plays. My best guesses there are Woods or Kirksey (if he commits to the good guys). I think Givens will hav a chance to be very good at safety but I don't know if he will be that much of an improvement over Smith.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron