Bowl Trip

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

isuzub

Nov 13, 2006
Williamsburg
Just wanted to let you guys here at Cyclone Fanatic know that My daughter and I had a great time on the trip ,I'm really glad that we decided to go with this group . Maybe now that I know some people I will start posting more often.

Reactions: Wesley

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I will have to post some pictures here when I get home tomorrow (or maybe later tonight after I go get some dinner... we're thinking BWW or Hooters)

had some fun all over the place, particuarly the Grand Canyon - couldn't see it the first day we went, but still took pictures with my flag, sang the Fight Song and got a Cyclone Power chant going that echoed through the Canyon :biggrin:

Of course the bowl game was a good time, with a fantastic crowd that stood for pretty much every play

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I will have to post some pictures here when I get home tomorrow (or maybe later tonight after I go get some dinner... we're thinking BWW or Hooters)

had some fun all over the place, particuarly the Grand Canyon - couldn't see it the first day we went, but still took pictures with my flag, sang the Fight Song and got a Cyclone Power chant going that echoed through the Canyon :biggrin:

Of course the bowl game was a good time, with a fantastic crowd that stood for pretty much every play

Did you put Cy in any pictures?

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
Still in Las Vegas and while my trip overall isn't over my time in Tempe and AZ is and it was AWESOME! Great game, atmosphere, etc. Highly recommend and would not hesitate to go again.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
We found this really nice sports bar up scottsdale road near our hotel named 'philly's'. great food, reasonably priced drinks, a great place to pregame before heading to mill ave.

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Just wanted to let you guys here at Cyclone Fanatic know that My daughter and I had a great time on the trip ,I'm really glad that we decided to go with this group . Maybe now that I know some people I will start posting more often.

I just like the fact that I can see someone with the hometown of Williamsburg on here now, just wondering if it shouldn't be Conroy?

I am glad that my wife and I met you at the game and not while you were talking to yourself at the GC, she would never let me join those Mafia games again after witnessing that. It already took enough explaining after seeing your outfit....

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I am glad that my wife and I met you at the game and not while you were talking to yourself at the GC, she would never let me join those Mafia games again after witnessing that. It already took enough explaining after seeing your outfit....

Whats wrong with my Toga? :biggrin:

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Oh and while we couldn't really see them, we weren't doing the Cyclone Power chant alone - there was a family of Cyclone fans up the trail doing the "POWER" back to us

Last edited:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Oh and while we couldn't really see them, we weren't doing the Cyclone Power chant alone - there was a family of Cyclone fans up the trail doing the "POWER" back to us
That's a sweet picture of you guys with the flag at the GC.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
That's a sweet picture of you guys with the flag at the GC.

That was the day you couldn't see the Grand Canyon... we rolled up I-17 to I-40 on the way back, so we stopped again yesterday and tried it again.

Speaking of flags... I thought it was rather fun rolling 1500+ miles each way with 4 of them blowing in the breeze :biggrin:

but my journey isn't quite over yet... I've gotta be up in 5 hours to catch the flight home from Kansas City. I'll post more when I get back to MD tomorrow night

Longhorns3131

Oct 22, 2008
I had an awesome time- Bowl victory in Tempe, Hoover dam, Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and so much other things it would take awhile to list.

jsmith86

Dec 5, 2006
Cedar Rapids
Just got back last night.

70+ hours on a bus, 5 days at an amazing resort with something like 6 hot tubs,and I got to stand up in a corner of the stadium and watch the game (not to mention going down on the field before the game and at half time). I have to say that staying five years has definitely been worth it. I came in as a freshman and went to Houston and I get to leave with this. Way to go Cyclones!

aauummm

March is National Celery Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
That was the day you couldn't see the Grand Canyon... we rolled up I-17 to I-40 on the way back, so we stopped again yesterday and tried it again.

Speaking of flags... I thought it was rather fun rolling 1500+ miles each way with 4 of them blowing in the breeze :biggrin:

but my journey isn't quite over yet... I've gotta be up in 5 hours to catch the flight home from Kansas City. I'll post more when I get back to MD tomorrow night
Great pictures, Flag Guy! Thanks for posting those! :yes: