Does Mike Leach remind anyone of Larry Eustachy?

CYCLONECORY

Mar 24, 2009
Huxley, Iowa
When I listen to this guy talk, I always think back to Larry. He sounds like, acts/talks a little odd like Larry at times, but he is one hell of a coach! Anyone else get this type of vibe?

uthaman

Oct 18, 2006
Des Moines
When I listen to this guy talk, I always think back to Larry. He sounds like, acts/talks a little odd like Larry at times, but he is one hell of a coach! Anyone else get this type of vibe?

Yes, and I also think the situation that led to Leach's firing reminds me of Larry. In both cases they had done numerous things to **** off the administration, but couldn't be fired because of past success. All the admin needed was a scandal to force their removal.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Mike Leach - 10 seasons as a Div I college football head coach - 10 bowl games

Larry Eustachy - 19 seasons as a Div I college basketball head coach - 3 NCAA tournaments

I don't see the similarity.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Larry Eustachy - 19 seasons as a Div I college basketball head coach - 3 NCAA tournaments

LE was at ISU for 5 years. If he was here for 5 more, the situation would have been different. You have to be better than the top half of team in backetball to go to the tourney.

If half of Leach's Head Coaching years were at Utah State and Southern Miss, he would have had less Bowl Games.

ApplesAndOranges.jpg

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I agree Cyhop - I'm talking more personalities issues than anything else.

Yeah, most rational posters could realize that and not assume you meant that they accomplished exactly the same success.

Overall I think Leach was actually more brash and abrasive towards his administration. LE had a problem and the PR nightmare got him canned. I wish he could have gotten treatment and stuck around for a while.

woodie

Apr 10, 2006
leach is avery solid coach; eustachy was more of a flake than a coach.

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

LE: 2 conference titles, one conference tournament title.

ML: No titles.

I don't see the similarity either.

Last edited:

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
larry got a bad deal from Bruce Van , he had a illiness, and they should have given him a leave to get his problem in line , which he did after he left here, best thing that came out of that was Bruce V.left ISU

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
larry got a bad deal from Bruce Van , he had a illiness, and they should have given him a leave to get his problem in line , which he did after he left here, best thing that came out of that was Bruce V.left ISU

Monty Burns is totally going to fight with you now. Remember, BVD was the best thing that happened to ISU while Jamie Pollard is rotting the programs from the inside out, as demonstrated by our recent bowl win.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron