Official NFL network sucks thread

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
So I live in SE Iowa, decide to have some friends over for a 'bowl party' to watch the game. I've got WOI so I'm good to go right?

Wrong.

WOI is only showing the game in central Iowa, as in just DSM and Ames area. Why is this only today getting out today in the paper? Did I miss a something? A thread on here? Cause I've lived on this site for the last week and I've seen nothing.

So now the party is off, we are scrambling to figure out where to watch the game and I officially hate the NFL network.

I'm really wishing we'd have just gotten the Texas bowl!:skeptical:

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM
I recommend focusing your hate on mediacom... you'd be fine if you had satellite

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
According to their website, it is on 5.1. Are they splitting their signal somehow (how would they even do that)?

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
Wait...so eventhough we get ABC5 here in SW Iowa(through Mediacom), I'm not going to be able to see the game since we're not in the Des Moines market?

At least we have a backup plan...

Cycofan1

Jan 12, 2009
We got the NFL Network and WOI and we live in the Central Iowa area, so I think we will be good. (p.s. can't wait for the pre-game show on WOI)

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Wait...so eventhough we get ABC5 here in SW Iowa(through Mediacom), I'm not going to be able to see the game since we're not in the Des Moines market?

At least we have a backup plan...

Yes - Even though we both get WOI as our ABC...we won't get the game.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield

When and where was this discussed on here? I certainly didn't get an email from ISU...and I seem to get one everytime somebody sneezes in the AD.

At this point I think I'm getting madder at ISU. They made a big deal of WOI getting the game and then said very little when a large portion of the actual WOI viewing base won't get the game.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Nah, its the NFL Network's stupidity that isn't getting them on the cable companies, not mediacom's.

It's NFL Network's fault that cable companies won't pay the money to put them on the air? Sounds to me like if cable companies actually cared about what their customers wanted they'd get NFL Network on the air.

Melvin

Jul 29, 2008
Crete, NE
I have DirecTV so I'm good to go, I have not paid attention to the whole thing. I just wish DirecTV still had versus so I could watch every possible ISU FB game.

agronclone

Jul 25, 2009
des moines
Nah, its the NFL Network's stupidity that isn't getting them on the cable companies, not mediacom's.

the nfl network offered mediacom to air the game for free, no charge to mediacom, but they never responded to them. because of that, the nfl network offered the same deal to to woi5, and they accepted. whose fault is that? not the nfl network.

Reactions: CyGuy33

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
When and where was this discussed on here? I certainly didn't get an email from ISU...and I seem to get one everytime somebody sneezes in the AD.

At this point I think I'm getting madder at ISU. They made a big deal of WOI getting the game and then said very little when a large portion of the actual WOI viewing base won't get the game.

It was mentioned in a few threads ... mostly the Cedar Rapids gamewatch ones - but I don't think there was an actual thread.

It's really stupid. Now it looks like I'm looking for a sportsbar I can take a 1 yr old ...:skeptical:

JD720

Jan 3, 2009
the nfl network offered mediacom to air the game for free, no charge to mediacom, but they never responded to them. because of that, the nfl network offered the same deal to to woi5, and they accepted. whose fault is that? not the nfl network.

They offered to Mediacom for free and with no strings attached? I doubt that.

Help Support Us

Become a patron