Say a Prayer

Cybyassociation

Mar 5, 2008
For a lot of our players as a lot of them are traveling from all accross the state to Ames today to fly out tomorrow morning.

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
Speaking of prayer, do any of you pray for your sports teams to win? Don't you think the opposing fans pray for their team? How does god handle it? Thought provoker.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Speaking of prayer, do any of you pray for your sports teams to win? Don't you think the opposing fans pray for their team? How does god handle it? Thought provoker.
I think it depends on which teams' fans pray the hardest! (just joking)

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Please consider adding in the players traveling to Phoenix on their own--I know of several from out of state who are flying commercially to Phoenix tomorrow and will meet up with the team there.

For anyone wondering, they say it's because it allows them to fly directly to and from home without having to go to Ames, as they've been off since Monday afternoon and will be off as of Jan 1. No need for risking travel delays, accidents, etc. if you don't have to!

wright4cy

Jan 15, 2007
Boone
We will be praying for a hedge of protection over the players , coaches and the fans !! I will also be praying for head spinning favor over them too!Goooo getem cyclones !! Wish I could go !:yes: Safe travel to you all!!!!

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
I thought you were going to suggest saying a prayer for our players' final exams. Hope we don't have any casualties. I'm not expecting any.

cyfan15

Oct 23, 2006

I don't. I don't think God cares who wins. I just pray that nobody is seriously injured.

sodakjoe

Sep 15, 2006
Ames via Sioux Falls, SD
A couple more:

The marching band members who will be traveling back to Ames this weekend to depart by bus on Monday morning for Phoenix.

The fans who will soon be on their way to Arizona to cheer on our beloved Cyclones.

RossHallHero

Jul 8, 2009
Could I just pray that no one gets injured while traveling, including non ISU athletes and band members?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
For a lot of our players as a lot of them are traveling from all accross the state to Ames today to fly out tomorrow morning.

Sorry but what about all the other people that have to travel? What about all of us that have been without power for a day or two. All you seem to be concerned about is that the players make it so they can fly out. What makes them better than anyone else that has to travel. My God it's a football game for crying out loud!! I'm an ISU grad, with season tickets and follow the team also, but let's be realistic here.:pmad:

Bigguns

Sep 22, 2008
Sorry but what about all the other people that have to travel? What about all of us that have been without power for a day or two. All you seem to be concerned about is that the players make it so they can fly out. What makes them better than anyone else that has to travel. My God it's a football game for crying out loud!! I'm an ISU grad, with season tickets and follow the team also, but let's be realistic here.:pmad:
Duh! This is the 'football' thread. Please check the 'off topic' thread for anyone concerned about praying for the common folk.

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids

You have a good amount of time on your hands don't you?

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
wxman1,

Easy for you to say, your in Marion, how much snow did you get there? 12"-18", been without power in the country? C'mon over plenty of snow to be shoveled yet.

Let's see I did mention ISU Football in my post, so yeah I'm on the right thread!:smile: Gee, It thought everyone was "common folk" on here. Wait a minute, everyone except bigguns, he walks on water!!:wink: