Why no Nike #21 basketball jerseys for sale?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I talked to one of the sports stores this weekend and they said that the shipment of the new jerseys should be in within the next week or 2.

PGreen ISU '92

Mar 6, 2008
Waukee, IA
Mark Currie gave tremendous effort as a recruited walk-on for a couple of years; however, his #21 Iowa State University jersey wasn't selling to well so Nike discontinued it.

Im4State

Oct 16, 2009
Urbandale
Scheels has told me that the Brackins jersey and shorts for this season will be arriving soon. They were supposed to have them before thanksgiving. not sure what happened. ISU's merch lady (bookstore and cyclones.com) told me that they're not ordered the white home set that Nike has offered because "white doesn't sell well".

I say email/call them and suggest Nike offer Cardinal Away! In my opinion we should have Home and Away's available for FB & MBB!!!

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Scheels has told me that the Brackins jersey and shorts for this season will be arriving soon. They were supposed to have them before thanksgiving. not sure what happened. ISU's merch lady (bookstore and cyclones.com) told me that they're not ordered the white home set that Nike has offered because "white doesn't sell well".

I say email/call them and suggest Nike offer Cardinal Away! In my opinion we should have Home and Away's available for FB & MBB!!!

The book store controls a lot of what gets made by Nike as far as colorways and some of the wording on shirts so requesting it through them might help. They're obviously Nike's biggest customer for ISU Nike apparel. When the store I worked at had our meeting with the Nike rep, I suggested making the cardinal shorts available. Apparently it was to no avail.

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
actually, I can't remember what mall it was, they had white arnaud jerseys for like 40 bucks... I might hav to go get one

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
actually, I can't remember what mall it was, they had white arnaud jerseys for like 40 bucks... I might hav to go get one

If by white you mean our CURRENt white away jerseys replicas and not those cheap knock off looking things with like Cyclones written as the name on the back I would def like to know where.

I am really disappointed with out jersey sales selection overall. No bball.new ones out for some years. Football only the home color and one #. We should at least get options of like the top 3 or 4 players #'s. Like a #4, #33, #23, etc in football.

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
So i called scheels again and it was sounding more and more like they just aren't going to be getting these in. so i went ahead and emailed nike directly. here is the response:
Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you.
Subject
---------------------------------------------------------------
Jersey

Discussion Thread
---------------------------------------------------------------
From Nike: (Robert) - 12/29/2009 09:52 AM
Hey ,
I understand being an Iowa State fan as I have been one for a long time! The Iowa-Iowa State football game is a sad day every year for me!
I did some looking to see what jerseys we have available for Iowa State. We are not selling a Nike Iowa State basketball jersey at this time. What I am going to do for you is send some feedback to our designers and buyers saying that you would like to see those jerseys available for purchase and especially to have custom jerseys available!
If you have any other questions or need help finding another product, feel free to respond to this E-mail or call our commerce line at 1-800-806-6453, 5 a.m. to 10 p.m. PST, 7 days a week!
Sincerely,
Robert
Nike.com
Sunday thru Thursday, 7 a.m to 4 p.m. PST
View Nike's online privacy policy at http://store.nike.com/help/us/#/faqs/article/privacy-policy.
Customer () - 12/28/2009 10:37 AM
Hello, my name is . I am a Iowa State University alum, and an absolute die-hard fan (you pretty much have to be a die-hard if you follow the Cyclones at all). Unfortunately, there is little selection of my teams jerseys. I currently have the only one offered by Nike, the #4 screen printed football jersey of our quarterback Austen Arnaud. What I am looking for is a basketball jersey of one of our all-time greats-and someone who will undoubtedly be up for conference POY awards at years end-Craig Brackins. While I realize you can't put names on college jerseys for sale, I am wondering if I could at least get one made that had his #21 on it, and how much it would cost? There has been rumors that a local store was to get some Nike screen-printed ones in with the #21 on them, but that was before Thanksgiving and they still aren't in, and I would really love an embroidered one. I could settle for a screen printed though if that is the only way. I realize you probably get 100 emails like this a day, but would appreciate any help you can offer. I have tried contacting my university, but they don't seem interested in marketing themselves in this way.
thanks in advance,

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
just got off the phone with them again. he told me that they mixed up the order and sent them iowa ones instead of I-state, but that they did re-order them and they should be in in the next week or 2. he is going to call me when they come in and i will post it on here for those interested. they are going to be screenprinted unfortunately though

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I was at Harrison's in Ankeny last week and they had youth sized #21 Nike Jersey's, with this year's design on them. Nothing for Adults though, as I was looking for this year's shorts.

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
i saw a little kid in the background at the game tonight wearing a 21 jersey that is just like the current ones. Is there an update on the situation with Scheels?

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
i saw a little kid in the background at the game tonight wearing a 21 jersey that is just like the current ones. Is there an update on the situation with Scheels?
no, they have had the whites for youth since last year. i still haven't been called by Scheels saying they got the shipment in for adults yet...:skeptical:

S

st8

Why no nike #3 jersey's? Gilstrap has been one of the outstanding player in the big XII thus far and he's stepping his game up, it appears, now that conference play has arrived.