Twister Sisters @ the Gophers

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Our Sisters take on the Gopherettes today at 3:30.

Tune into the BigTen Network and cheer the ladies on.

What: Iowa State (6-1) vs. Minnesota (7-3)
When: Sunday, Dec. 13, 2009 • 3:30 p.m.
Where: Minneapolis, Minn. • Williams Arena (14,625)
Radio: Cyclone Radio Network/Learfield; Talent: Rich Fellingham (pxp); Molly Parrott (color)
TV: Big Ten Network; Talent: Craig Coshun (pxp); Vera Jones (color)
Internet Radio: Clone Zone
Webcast: None

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
ISUCoachFen

Good shoot around this morning--need to have our best effort of the season to win at. Minnesota!

Then lets give them our best effort today. Go State!

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
MN will be a tough match up without Prins. Stopping Ellis-Milan will be key. Let's hope our defense plays as well as last year.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
MN will be a tough match up without Prins. Stopping Ellis-Milan will be key. Let's hope our defense plays as well as last year.

The other freshman are going to have to step it up on the defensive end. Bummer that Prins is out again after having the stress fracture earlier. This has got to be a setback for getting her into game shape. She must have gotten pretty sick to miss multiple weeks like this.

:sad:

runningcy

Oct 16, 2008
Ames
I wonder if Prins illness will help totally heal up her stress fracture getting it some good rest.. Hope to see her back soon! She adds so much to this team having a 6-7 center wil all the things she can do!

Cubsfan

Feb 9, 2009
Des Moines
Anyone know how good Minnesota is expected to be this year? I know they are 7-3 but that's not always an indicator this early in the season. I'm guessing this is our toughest matchup of the early season since Drake?

Sorry if I sound uneducated.. I love ISU women's basketball but as a whole WBB is harder to follow on a national scale.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
Anyone know how good Minnesota is expected to be this year? I know they are 7-3 but that's not always an indicator this early in the season. I'm guessing this is our toughest matchup of the early season since Drake?

Sorry if I sound uneducated.. I love ISU women's basketball but as a whole WBB is harder to follow on a national scale.

This early, RPI rankings arn't so acurate either...but Minny is 41st with a downward trend, and we are 100th with an upward trend...

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Minnesota has not looked good this year. Even with four returning starters, they have had trouble scoring points. Of course, that one starter they lost, Emily Fox, is a big loss.
This is a very winnable game.

fccy

Dec 31, 2008
Forest City
Nice to see it's on TV, since the bus didn't stop in Clear Lake and pick me up...

:jimlad:

Anyways, I looked at FSN earlier in the week, and didn't even think about B10 TV. That is good news.

trigger1

May 21, 2008
Ames
6 minutes to tip off. Crowd still filing in. Good things ISU fans are here or the barn would be rather empty. Darn close to as many ISU fans here as Minny has.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I think we are going to have trouble with their inside game. Their girls look bigger in most spots. Then again we are playing 4 guards.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
These refs are calling everything. Let them play.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
MN is just chucking crap up at the end of the shot clock and it's falling. That won't last.