Dissing of Cyclone Alley?

CyRodestr

Jul 7, 2009
is down right goofy.

The problem with Hilton is crummy and non-passionate basketball, not the student section. I find the student section refreshing and enthusiastic and can not blame it for incompetent and uninterested players and coaches. The fans at Hilton expect and appreciate effort. When the players go through the motions rather than demonstrate passion for the game, the fans get frustrated and uninterested.

I noticed that the players stopped playing with passion, when LE left. We just don't see the consistent defensive effort and player passion anymore. Coaching passion is also missing. Don't blame the students for these problems. Coach Morgan and McDermott brought us too this moment. The student football and basketball sections provide the most enthusiastic elements of JT and Hilton. If we dissolve those sections in Hilton we will become Carver west, a bunch of old farts who won't do anything to get the place rolling. Sorry folks you are way off on this one. We can thank Jeremy for starting this bogus idea.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
Uh, ex-squeeze me baking powder?

Coming on this board and dissing Jeremy isn't a smart idea.

Cyclone alley looks bored at home games. Let Flag Guy organize it, and I bet the announcers can't hear themselves think.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames

Cyclone alley looks bored at home games. Let Flag Guy organize it, and I bet the announcers can't hear themselves think.

why, this site is so much better once he quit running it.

Reactions: coachdags

CyRodestr

Jul 7, 2009
Blah blah. The whole frickin place looks uninterested. Bit don't blame the players and coaches its the students fault. Whata bunch of horse hockey.

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Who cares about what he says about Jeremy.

He lost all credibility with "incompetent and uninterested players and coaches"
Get behind the team or just go away.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa

I really hope this post isn't serious.
Nice use of a phrase that was popular in 1992.

Jeremy expressed his discontent with CA then didn't say anything after that. Sounds like you have yourself a man crush on the guy.

Flag Guy would have to change a lot about the basketball program to make Hilton as loud as some claim it once was.

CyRodestr

Jul 7, 2009
Thanks for that insight full comment. UNI game. Were you there? Non-passionate play = loss. Oops sorry to bring that fact up. But it was the students who couldn't get the players to play harder. Riiiight.

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
While we're on the topic...
Does anybody still run the flag around the balcony during the final media timeout??

Cytaki

Feb 21, 2008
Nomad
Cyclone Alley does seem overly uninterested in the game itself and more enamored with the idea of Cyclone Alley itself. I don't think it is fair to blame only the students or only the players/coaches, both sides are responsible. But the thing is Iowa State fans have always willed their teams on no matter the circumstance and I think the concern certain people have is that characteristic is quickly fading away. I blame a little bit of the culture, but something needs to change.

If you are going to sit there and try to tell me that our players didn't play with passion against Iowa than I will get in your face and disagree whole-heartedly. Has it been there all season, no, at times I have questioned this very thing but it was there against Iowa.

I came in during the second year of Cyclone Alley, I believe, and it seemed like a great idea but now with watching games on TV, the atmosphere just seems dead and even during the plays where the place should be up and going crazy. During my first few years, we had ups and downs but I can assure you on the crazy dunks and great plays people got excited and while I see it somewhat happening. It definitely isn't happening as much as it was back then.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Yes, and he's much faster than the previous guy. :biggrin:

I used to run when I first started, I quit actually running and switched to a jog because it almost got me thrown out of Hilton (literally...)

Apperently they gave up or relaxed their stance on the matter

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
I really hope this post isn't serious.
Nice use of a phrase that was popular in 1992.

Jeremy expressed his discontent with CA then didn't say anything after that. Sounds like you have yourself a man crush on the guy.

Flag Guy would have to change a lot about the basketball program to make Hilton as loud as some claim it once was.

As some claim....funny

When we beat Iowa in 1983 you couldn't talk to the person next to you. It was so loud my ears rang for 2 days.

In 92 against Oklahoma State it was so loud the floor moved, ask Hoiberg

Reactions: Clone5

CyRodestr

Jul 7, 2009
"Yes, thank you for giving us a full insight comment instead of a half full one, it was quite insightful indeed."

more blah, blah, blah. Go ahead dis the students. I'm outhta here.

Cytaki

Feb 21, 2008
Nomad
So is their actually still a flag guy...I can proudly say I went to the same two alma maters as the original flag guy...high school and college...haha!