Posts about Players leaving

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
The past few weeks there has been some posts about player A not getting any PT so they are going to leave the team. Why must we do this? We have no idea what these players are thinking. Changing schools has to be a hard choice to make. We have no idea what the plans are for these players in the future. We have no idea about the talks between the coaches and the players. Just beacause a player isnt getting the PT they want doesnt mean they are going to leave the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rick

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Re: Players leaving

The past few weeks there has been some posts about player A not getting any PT so they are going to leave the team. Why must we do this? We have no idea what these players are thinking. Changing schools has to be a hard choice to make. We have no idea what the plans are for these players in the future. We have no idea about the talks between the coaches and the players. Just beacause a player isnt getting the PT they want doesnt mean they are going to leave the team.

We have no idea what the purpose of this thread is.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa

The purpose is to get people to back off on guessing who is going to leave the program.

Last edited:

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006

Not titling a post "Players leaving" might be a good start. The first thing I thought when I saw that was that players were actually leaving.

"Posts about players leaving" would be a better title.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009

I apoligize for my post - I did not mean to offend. I just think the best way to discourage people from speculating on which players might be leaving is to not start a thread about the topic.

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny

Not titling a post "Players leaving" might be a good start. The first thing I thought when I saw that was that players were actually leaving.

"Posts about players leaving" would be a better title.
Have you read some of the posts? You would think we have 250 minutes to spread around for everybody. Just because we like somebody doesnt mean they warrant playing time. Just ask BW

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Someone will transfer at the end of the year. I'll bet all of my credits on it.

PCClone

Dec 11, 2009
Two months ago, people were saying that WJ sure must regret leaving. Cuse is ranked 6th and he is getting a ton of media coverage. I bet his only regret is coming here in the first place.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Let's assume nobody will transfer
If that's the case we'll have a roster with
3 PGs
4 SGs
3 SFs if Gilstrap gets another year

We'll be mighty thin down low.

rochclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2009
Someone will transfer at the end of the year. I'll bet all of my credits on it.

This is coming from the same person that kept indicating CB was "for sure" gone after last year. Not picking on you Cydkar, but the bottom line is that kids change their minds and we won't know for sure until April if people will be leaving.

singsing

Nov 2, 2007
It wouldn't hurt this team a bit if a couple players in the positions we're over stocked in left, in fact, it would be good to get better balance. Buckleys going to have a hard time seeing the court next season with the addition of Demarcus Phillips. If he did transfer I'd like to pick up that wing from South East Iowa since Ejim will be our only true wing next season. Also, rumors have been flying around about Lucca going back to Europe. It would be nice to find another Dendy or Gilstrap out there to shore up our frontcourt. All just speculation at this point, but unlike previous years players transferring from this team would only benefit Iowa State.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
It wouldn't hurt this team a bit if a couple players in the positions we're over stocked in left, in fact, it would be good to get better balance. Buckleys going to have a hard time seeing the court next season with the addition of Demarcus Phillips. If he did transfer I'd like to pick up that wing from South East Iowa since Ejim will be our only true wing next season. Also, rumors have been flying around about Lucca going back to Europe. It would be nice to find another Dendy or Gilstrap out there to shore up our frontcourt. All just speculation at this point, but unlike previous years players transferring from this team would only benefit Iowa State.

Players leaving a program is never good. You can never have too much depth. Lucca is not going back to Europe his mom wants him to get a degree. There is talent and depth on this team, IMO, sure maybe able to do better finding a JUCO guy but he still has to learn the system and such. Lets keep the guys we have. Buck is still one guard injury away from playing, I would like to see what he can do as a SG in upcoming games.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron