Cy

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Can we all get together and raise money to buy a new Cy that is more of our new color scheme. I never noticed how painfully bright red he is until we changed. It is bad. How much is a new Cy...same design just different color? $15,000?

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
it'd take 4 or 5 costumes, and thats just athletics. Also, Cy is currently the color of an actual Cardinal. Real Cardinal birds aren't maroon like we've taken to

We were a bit bright for a while, but I prefer the bright to the borderline maroon some of our teams have for uniforms right now

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I honestly don't think the color it is that bad. What does bother me about Cy after the logo change is that it almost appears they stitched over the old ISU logo and put the new I State logo right over it and it looks almost like a bib. You obviously don't notice it when cy wears a jersey or something. But we did win money for the mascot program by winning the capital one mascot challenge. I wonder if they used that at all and what for.

wonkadog

Apr 17, 2006
Ames, IA
Yeah, the new "I-State" logo looks pretty cheesy on Cy. Kinda like what it'd look like if I was the one who sewed it on...

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
I stand by my opinion that Cy is a TERRIBLE shade of red, and painful to look at. And yes, it looks like he is wearing a bib.

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I stand by my opinion that Cy better not turn to a color that makes him look like he belongs with Texas A&M

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Maybe, but like I said, Cy is a cardinal, and a cardinal is a fairly bright red. I can see where he'd clash with our teams a bit, since the primary color now is dark and the 2ndary (which doesn't make it on the uniforms) is bright, but really the color was good for what he is

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Cardinal-Norther,%2Bmale%2BIMG_0048b.jpg

NorthernCardinal2.jpg

dsc_1685.jpg

3898246011_5423e782d5.jpg

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
Maybe a bit darker... problem is they probably have limited color choices and could wind up like the damn dance squad was last year... way too dark

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com
Maybe a bit darker... problem is they probably have limited color choices and could wind up like the damn dance squad was last year... way too dark

Oh, I know! They likely would screw it up. But he is definitely INTENSE in Hilton color wise. Maybe if they just lay him out in the sun all summer it will tone him down a little bit with some fading. That seems to fit in the ISU budget.

price26

Sep 1, 2006
Ames, IA
I think Cy is good as is. But I do think he should also avoid not wearing some sort of Cyclone apparel around. The I-State logo does a look a little weird.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I think Cy is good as is. But I do think he should also avoid not wearing some sort of Cyclone apparel around. The I-State logo does a look a little weird.
This. Before the logo change, the ISU on him looked great but something about the I State makes it look cheesy. As I said before, it almost looks like Cy is wearing a bib or something. I understand they don't have the money to get a new mascot suit but use some of the Capital One mascot challenge money to make the new stitching look good on Cy.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
Cy is the color he is suppose to be and will not change for awhile.

Although, that CapOne Bowl payout should mean some new outfits.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN

[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]

So, if being consistent with a real Cardinal's color is the standard, do we have to change CY's beak? Real Cardinals don't have yellow beaks.

I'd like CY to get just a little darker to more closely align with our school colors. (like the lighter color of the new "twisty bird" logo).

4VR4CY

Aug 28, 2007
Ankeny, IA
I don't like the chest logo either, but I am so used to seeing Cy in clothes that when s/he doesn't I always say to ripvdub - Cy is NAKED! I don't like Cy naked. I like her/him dressed in something.

cyman1189

Aug 11, 2008
Akron, OH
allrighty... time to set some things straight for everyone. and your hearing from the birds mouth himself.

I am on the mascot squad and i can say that there were "talks" of changing cy to new color but the squad and the ADept both basically thought it would be wierd since cy is a cardinal to have him be a color that isnt a cardinal. so cy will be staying the way he is for a time to come.

The chest logos we are working on getting something that looks better... we all hate being "naked" cy just because cy just kinda looks like a dork without a jersey on.

also getting 4 new colored suits is extremely expensive.... like its somewhere around 6,000 bones for a new suit and head i want to say.

One thing we can all admit is that cy is awesome and that is fact! go cyclones!

Reactions: 4VR4CY