Can Bruce Springsteen Even Play the Guitar ?

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
Watching HBO R&R Hall of Fame.

It looks like he knows the first 5 notes of Pretty Woman.....but that's about it.

The rest of the 3-hours he bangs the E-chord while Little Steven, with his back to the audience, plays the real guitar parts.

It seems the guitar is just a prop.

Kinda like Britney lip-synching her songs, The Boss air guitars all through his concerts.

PS; the opening chords of Born To Run were a direct rip off of Little Eve's "The Locomotion"....just listen.....

cytheguy

May 23, 2006
Regardless of whether or not he can play the guitar, Bruce Springsteen and the E Stree Band put on one h--- of a show!

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

It looks like he knows the first 5 notes of Pretty Woman.....but that's about it.

The rest of the 3-hours he bangs the E-chord while Little Steven, with his back to the audience, plays the real guitar parts.

Kinda like Britney lip-synching her songs, The Boss air guitars all through his concerts.

PS; the opening chords of Born To Run were a direct rip off of Little Eve's "The Locomotion"....just listen.....

You destroyed any credibility you had when you criticized the Boss. Whatever he is doing...it is working just fine for him and everyone else. I cannot believe you compared Springsteen to Britney.

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I'm not a huge Springsteen fan, but I really like the "Live in Dublin" DVD he did with the Sessions band. He does some nice guitar work on that DVD...so yes, he can play more than the first 5 notes of Pretty Woman and the E-chord...

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Please. Did you see him going back and forth with Tom Morello? He can play. The guy is a flat out musical genius. May not be the best guitar player out there, but he does well enough.

Born to Run is one of the legendary songs of Rock and Roll. That being said, Springsteen was a MoTown fan and I could see where that influence comes out in some of his song.

If you've ever been to any of his concerts, any comparison to Britney Spears is crazy. Their shows are pure Rock and Roll, they put in a lot of effort and none of it is fake. Lots of improv and spur of the moment songs.

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA
The Boss can play the guitar.
He can also do a stage slide and go crotch first into a camera during halftime of the Super Bowl. I still have that on DVR.

johnstoncy

Oct 18, 2006
Johnston
www.rtsports.com
No, the Boss can't play a lick of guitar, just listen at about the 1:25 mark or so :jimlad:. The OP has obviously not seen him in concert.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3vUKBOJ5sU"]YouTube - Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band - Prove It All Night[/ame]

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around

I just watched Roy Orbison's "Black & White Night" DVD last night. Springsteen was doing fairly well on that one at that time!:yes: Maybe he's getting a bit of arthritis in his hands as he gets older?

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
The guitar in his hands is to give him something to do while he sings. It if is in the mix at all it is very low. Watch ANY show and try to pick out what he is playing. You can't because it isn't turned up.

Enginerd

Apr 11, 2006
If you've ever been to any of his concerts, any comparison to Britney Spears is crazy. Their shows are pure Rock and Roll, they put in a lot of effort and none of it is fake. Lots of improv and spur of the moment songs.

I am assuming you have been to shows by both artists to make this claim?