Best Wii Games?

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
The wife and I just got a Wii for ourselves for Christmas and are wondering what some of the better games are. We got the sports one that comes with it and MarioKart(very fun). Anyone have any suggestions?

I am really considering buying the Zelda game(huge fan of the series) so if anyone has played that some insight would be appreciated.

Also considering the new SuperMario Bros, but it looks like it is just a 2-D version that only uses a regular d-pad type controller.

Wx4Cy

May 22, 2007
West Des Moines
mario kart, super mario, mario/sonic olympics.

You also need to get wii fit so you have the balance board.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
The new SuperMarioBros is similar to Super Mario 3 in world layout, powerups and whatnot.

You can, however, play with multiple people playing through the levels at any given time. This makes it hilarious/aggrivating and incites riots among the people playing.

There are a couple different options for using the controller but it does use a lot of motion controlling as well

MNclone

Apr 10, 2006
Burnsville, MN
Super Mario Galaxy is an enjoyable game for a while. some of the levels are annoying, but all in all, a good game.
I also found the LEGO Star Wars and Batman games to be fun. They are available on many platforms, so they don't utilize the Wii motion capabilities.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
My favorite game ever is Super Mario Galaxy....it is amazing....I very highly recommend that if you ever enjoyed any Mario games. Also, Super Mario Galaxy 2 is supposed to be coming out in 2010.

I also got the Metroid Prime Trilogy. This is the 2 Metroid Prime games from the GameCube as well as the one from the Wii all on one disc. If you've enjoyed these games, this is a real steal because you get a TON of playing time for a very cheap price....and I really enjoy the Metroid games.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
The new SuperMarioBros is similar to Super Mario 3 in world layout, powerups and whatnot.

You can, however, play with multiple people playing through the levels at any given time. This makes it hilarious/aggrivating and incites riots among the people playing.

There are a couple different options for using the controller but it does use a lot of motion controlling as well

It is quite fun, and it's a very nostalgic piece. If you like SMB 3 get the new one, if you like SM 64 get Super Mario Galaxy. There is a great option for both 2D and 3D fans.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
The sad thing about New Super Mario Bros Wii is that is does not have Classic Controller support. Nintendo failed in that regard.

Super Mario Sluggers is a pretty fun time too.

CycloneSupt6

Dec 18, 2008
Davenport
The new super mario bros., mario kart, some of the guitar hero's depending on your taste in music. I would avoid the wii fit and the board. I had one and then sold it. it was pretty boring. The cabela's big game hunter is fun. I got it long before the version with the gun controller came out.

flynnhicks03

The Man That You Love to Hate
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
www.mapcon.com
The wife and I just got a Wii for ourselves for Christmas and are wondering what some of the better games are. We got the sports one that comes with it and MarioKart(very fun). Anyone have any suggestions?

I am really considering buying the Zelda game(huge fan of the series) so if anyone has played that some insight would be appreciated.

Also considering the new SuperMario Bros, but it looks like it is just a 2-D version that only uses a regular d-pad type controller.

I've got Zelda, and I really enjoy it. I've been playing for a long time off and on. It's a long game. Great graphics, and a lot of fun.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Super Mario Galaxy held my attention for months. I think it took me 50 guys to get past that freaking luigi's purple coins level. I still like to play it and cannot wait for SMG 2.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Cq6YqXe_hU"]YouTube- Super Mario Galaxy - Luigi's Purple Coins[/ame]

Last edited:

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Mario and Sonic at the Olympics is great. I haven't tried the new winter one, but the Summer one kept my friends and I entertained for hours upon hours (and is actually a pretty good cardio workout..).

I'm planning on buying the new SMB game next time I'm out, I played it a bit at a friends and it was a blast. Original Super Mario Bros for SNES is still one of my all time favorite games.

The lego games are cheap and suprisingly fun, especially with multiple players. Star Wars is my favorite.

I have Wii fit and I don't play it much anymore. I'm holding onto it because I'd like to get a snowboarding game eventually (I loved 1080 for the N64).

Guitar Hero games are a no-brainer if you like them, but are not Wii Specific.

You should pick up the "Wii Play" game to get an extra controller if you haven't already, it only costs 10$ more than an actual controller and some of the mini-games are fun.

MNCyGuy

Jan 14, 2009
Des Moines
As far as guitar hero/rock band type games go for Wii, are they "dumbed down" feature wise like some of the other multi-console games end up being for Wii?

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Get the latest Tiger Woods game with the motion plus support if you enjoy golf.

Also, along the lines of the other posts here:
Super Mario Galaxy
New Super Mario Bros
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda: Twilight Princess
Mario Kart

If you are an RGP fan, the Paper Mario game on the Wii is also pretty good.

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I am really considering buying the Zelda game(huge fan of the series) so if anyone has played that some insight would be appreciated..
Zelda: Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game since Ocarina of Time for N64. Get it, you will love it!

Reactions: CYVADER