Half Court Offense

shawn_200m

Apr 10, 2006
Tipton, IA
Its been discussed on here before, but our half court offense is hard to watch. Can we get one decent shot out of a half court set? There's no ball movement and we almost always end up with a contested 18 ft shot or a force by CB in the paint. The only time we have any flow on offense is when we are in transition. It is just very hard to watch.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
No kidding. It's going to be up and down all year. If our 3's arent dropping, we are in deep trouble.

chriscyzer

Jun 27, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Its been discussed on here before, but our half court offense is hard to watch. Can we get one decent shot out of a half court set? There's no ball movement and we almost always end up with a contested 18 ft shot or a force by CB in the paint. The only time we have any flow on offense is when we are in transition. It is just very hard to watch.

I wonder what they see when they watch game film? Certainly we are trying to do something right? If we could only call a timeout every possesion to "draw up a play" we might have a chance. How can they be so clueless out there?

cyclonez7

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
The only half court offense we run is the on ball screen by hamilton which is useless and then pass it to Brackins.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
stop being negative - everything is fine, I'm sick of people being so negative about our half court offense, I mean they're trying out there. C'mon guys

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
stop being negative - everything is fine, I'm sick of people being so negative about our half court offense, I mean they're trying out there. C'mon guys

Ya you're right. We shouldn't be getting negative about something when there isn't anything to be negative about.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Ya you're right. We shouldn't be getting negative about something when there isn't anything to be negative about.

Right. This was a moral victory as were on ESPNU and we only lost by 20 on the road to a team that had just lost. We lose by 20 all the time on the road in football.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009
I was being sarcastic there chief - I was trying to make fun of all you poor souls that seem to think this team is still ok. Our half court offense is non-existent and it's embarrasing.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I was being sarcastic there chief - I was trying to make fun of all you poor souls that seem to think this team is still ok. Our half court offense is non-existent and it's embarrasing.

Four years in the making.

Seriously, we cannot beat UNI at their own game.

justgetcy

Nov 5, 2009
Minneapolis, MN
Last year Craig was the only one who could score

This year Craig scores a bit less and Marquis just makes up the difference

Who knows what the rest of our team does because as far as im concerned when im watchin ISU play its Marquis and Craig...and mac standing on the sidelines telling the press we need to learn how to win....goin on 4 years