What needs to be done to fix Cyclone Alley??

cy4u44

Nov 10, 2009
What are your opinions on what needs to be done to fix cyclone alley? What needs to be done to bring the "Magic" back to Hilton??

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Hilton Magic was built on the run and gun fast break teams of Johnny Orr. I really believe we must play that style of play at home to make our home crowd most effective. Oh and winning helps too.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
A coach that runs-guns.....lifts his arms in the air to get the crowd pumped (Orr, Eustachy)..... yells at the refs....and gets "good-emotional" Technicals.....(Orr, Floyd, Eustachy).......turtleneck sweaters with adidas on them (Eustachy).....rolled up paper roster...(Floyd) Say...."WOO-EEE" and show excitement! (Orr)

and most importantly, WINS!

Last edited:

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
Hilton Magic was built on the run and gun fast break teams of Johnny Orr. I really believe we must play that style of play at home to make our home crowd most effective. Oh and winning helps too.

Yea, our style of play is not one built for excitement...for us fans atleast.

How long til the first post that says eliminate it? :jimlad:

LAMD

Mar 26, 2009
It is pathetic to see that a TRUE Cyclone fan is told that they must leave their second row seat just because they didn't pay $30 for a shirt. There are people that come with their fraternities or sororities just to be seen in the front three rows when they spend more time on their phone's texting about recent gossip in their house than watching the game. I think it is sad that people (Cyclone Alley Central) walk up and down the rows picking out people who are covering their shirt with a sweatshirt or coat and asking them to prove that they do indeed have a shirt on.

WHO CARES WHAT YOU WEAR! I would rather have a student section that cares about the game and cheers than a student section that all looks the same.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
What are your opinions on what needs to be done to fix cyclone alley? What needs to be done to bring the "Magic" back to Hilton??

Cyclone Alley shouldn't be an exclusive club. You shouldn't have to pay extra to sit in cyclone alley and receive a T-shirt. This cost should be tacked on to student ticket plans and basically putting ALL students in Cyclone Alley. This would be my FIRST fix. I would have to think about what else....

Reactions: IcSyU

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
The first Cyclone Alley season was good...I think they need to reduce the mandatory student section back to how it was the first season so that Cyclone Alley has some competition from other (supposedly) more vocal fans.

Billups06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 18, 2006
Just make one lower side Cyclone Alley, as it was when it started. Winning games is the most important thing.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Allow any cardinal shirt. Make it clear in an e-mail that any cardinal shirt will work but any other color will have you sent to the upper deck.

Reactions: jpete24

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
The first Cyclone Alley season was good...I think they need to reduce the mandatory student section back to how it was the first season so that Cyclone Alley has some competition from other (supposedly) more vocal fans.

This is Cyclone Alley not the capitalist market system.

clones26

Nov 8, 2006
Urbandale
It is pathetic to see that a TRUE Cyclone fan is told that they must leave their second row seat just because they didn't pay $30 for a shirt. There are people that come with their fraternities or sororities just to be seen in the front three rows when they spend more time on their phone's texting about recent gossip in their house than watching the game. I think it is sad that people (Cyclone Alley Central) walk up and down the rows picking out people who are covering their shirt with a sweatshirt or coat and asking them to prove that they do indeed have a shirt on.

WHO CARES WHAT YOU WEAR! I would rather have a student section that cares about the game and cheers than a student section that all looks the same.

RRIIIGGHHT...sounds like someone didnt get an offer to join a house. I was in and out of Cyclone Alley as a college student and the only difference was I got a better seat gaurantee in CA, nothing else seemed different to me.

Last edited:

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

The "true" Cyclone fans are parts of Cyclone Alley and are the same people are generally in the first few rows (I know a good majority of them from waiting for the doors to open) because we show up before everyone else does.

LeSchmick

Dec 14, 2008
Urbandale
The "true" Cyclone fans are parts of Cyclone Alley and are the same people are generally in the first few rows (I know a good majority of them from waiting for the doors to open) because we show up before everyone else does.

Being in the front row doesn't make you a "true" cyclone fan. I saw plenty of crossed arms and socializing going on whenever you guys were on the jumbotron last night.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006
Seems like CA is taking too much heat. Considering the product on the floor in recent years I think they've been fine.

nj829

Mar 18, 2006
Northwest Arkansas
General admission seating if CA has to stick around, that way the more devoted fans can get the good seats and the social butterflys can sit in the balcony.

Red shirt requirement only, not CA 2009-2010 shirt.

No seats in the arena circle sections to ensure everyone stands.

LE and Floyd were not run-and-gun coaches like Johnny was, they were defense first and Hilton was still explosive.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Being in the front row doesn't make you a "true" cyclone fan. I saw plenty of crossed arms and socializing going on whenever you guys were on the jumbotron last night.
So just because people aren't nuts when they're on the video board doesn't make them true Cyclone fans? I know personally I can make just as much noise and snide remarks as anyone in CA, but I personally don't like being on the video board. Does that make me any less of a Cyclone fan? I'm actually waiting for someone on CAC to tell me to tone it down for some of the comments I've made. I'd say the majority of the people who sat outside Hilton from 5:30 to 5:45 when they opened the exterior doors are pretty damn decent Cyclone fans to freeze their ***** off waiting for the doors to open.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
There has to be a controlled, evident passion by the players and no organization in the student section. If you want it crazy, let it get crazy.

cy4u44

Nov 10, 2009
I think one of the most important things that needs to be done to fix CA is to A: the committee members need to get off their buts and stand up and cheer! When the camera comes across you idiots at least look excited to be there for crying out loud ! B: Get rid of the $30 mandatory fee. This is ridiculous thirty dollars on top of the 125 you pay for season tickets and may i add that 125 doesnt even get you games over breaks i would be better off buying the $99 season tickets and get EVERY game. This is really said that we are arguing about our own student section but something needs to be done. Cyclone Alley has lost all of my respect.