Just in time: Cal player back for ISU game

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Looks like one of the players Cal was missing due to injury is going to be back just in time for the game Saturday. I'm not sure how good he is, but according to Andy Katz "he is a must if the Bears are going to win the Pac-10." It looks like their other guy who was hurt is going to redshirt.

I guess most people expected this to be a tough game to win anyway, but after the UNI loss, it seems more important that we leave California with a win.

larrysarmy

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny
Looks like one of the players Cal was missing due to injury is going to be back just in time for the game Saturday. I'm not sure how good he is, but according to Andy Katz "he is a must if the Bears are going to win the Pac-10." It looks like their other guy who was hurt is going to redshirt.

I guess most people expected this to be a tough game to win anyway, but after the UNI loss, it seems more important that we leave California with a win.

FWIW...this probably the best time for a true roadie. Mac's teams have done better after a tough loss.

2 Years ago...lost at Drake (bad loss)....next game at Oregon State - Won
Last Year...lost to SDSU (bad loss,at home) -- next game at Houston - Won

Sometimes getting away and circling the wagons can help. Only thing is...Cal is good. Hope they find some swagger between DSM and Cali....

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
FWIW...this probably the best time for a true roadie. Mac's teams have done better after a tough loss.

2 Years ago...lost at Drake (bad loss)....next game at Oregon State - Won
Last Year...lost to SDSU (bad loss,at home) -- next game at Houston - Won

Sometimes getting away and circling the wagons can help. Only thing is...Cal is good. Hope they find some swagger between DSM and Cali....

Did you miss the game last Saturday?

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA
Ok..So new plan here.

we go on a run and beat everyone else on our non conference schedule except maybe duke.

We are 12-3 with 3 decent losses.

Are we good now?

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Ok..So new plan here.

we go on a run and beat everyone else on our non conference schedule except maybe duke.

Are we good now?

Beating Cal would make up for losing to UNI. I kind of expected to be 12-3 after the non-conference games, so I guess I would be happy with that, no matter how it happens.

isuchicago

Apr 11, 2006
I hope Cal doesn't finally wake-up against us.. they have not even been playing close to their ability.. they didn't lose any key players from last year and I watched almost every game they had last year.. damn dangerous team when theyre in rhythm. I don't care who they've lost to.. those boys can play. scary game.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Ok..So new plan here.

Are we good now?

Depends how they are playing. We are going to open up the B12 season losing 2 out of 3 unless great strides are made.

CyFever

Dec 2, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
I hope Cal doesn't finally wake-up against us.. they have not even been playing close to their ability.. they didn't lose any key players from last year and I watched almost every game they had last year.. damn dangerous team when theyre in rhythm. I don't care who they've lost to.. those boys can play. scary game.

I hope ISU doesn't finally wake-up against us.. they have not even been playing close to their ability.. they didn't lose any key players from last year and I watched almost every game they had last year.. damn dangerous team when theyre in rhythm. I don't care who they've lost to.. those boys can play. scary game.

- Cal fan

CYVADER

Nov 16, 2006
Cornfields
who are their 2 players that are out? i thought the 2 preseason naismith watch guys have both been healthy all year, but i don't follow bball that closely. tia

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
who are their 2 players that are out? i thought the 2 preseason naismith watch guys have both been healthy all year, but i don't follow bball that closely. tia

Harper Kamp and Theo Robertson. Both big guys. Kamp is redshirting and Robertson will be back against us. I think Robertson was one of the guys you are talking about, while the other would be Jerome Randle, I believe. I watched him play against Syracuse and he was lights out from 3-range. But as mentioned, who knows how much of a factor Robertson will be after being out for a while.