Let's get Fred Hoiberg!

C

Cyclone42

He's still in management at the Timberwolves, right? A VP of operations, according to a wiki. Head coach would be a horizontal move, pay-wise, but he might take it. It would be a greater challenge than the paper-shuffling he's doing now.

52ynnel

Jan 5, 2009
He has never coached at any level. But he most likely couldn't do any worse than the guy currently filling the position.

tman24

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
can we get larry eustachy back?

acody

Nov 25, 2006
Pollard

The almighty one, Jamie Pollard, was on his own for his first two head coach hiring decisions for the absolute most important head coach positions of any college athletic department, men's football and men's basketball and he has struck out big time!!! Chizik was a disaster and McDermott is way over his head.

Fire Pollard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CJDelmonico

Aug 23, 2009
Re: Pollard

The almighty one, Jamie Pollard, was on his own for his first two head coach hiring decisions for the absolute most important head coach positions of any college athletic department, men's football and men's basketball and he has struck out big time!!! Chizik was a disaster and McDermott is way over his head.

Fire Pollard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh no you didn't!:biglaugh:

Pollard is a God. Let's not forget that.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa

I don't think there's many people on this board that could do much better.

Drive4cy

Nov 17, 2006

Rhoads bought Pollard some time and rightfully so. He did better on his 2nd football coaching search. Hopefully he does better on his 2nd basketball search.

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Yep Jamie makes the passes, shoots the arrant shots, and plays defense and gets physical with the other team... my god.

ISUAgronomist

Nov 5, 2009
On the farm, IA

I wasn't behind Pollard to begin with but I think he is doing good things building up the $ base. Chizik & McDermott were not good choices but face it Rhoads is an excellent choice and an Atheletic Department is nothing without $. He's hitting his stride now.

52ynnel

Jan 5, 2009

I don't think there's many people on this board that could do much better.

I'm pretty sure I could. I thought Mac D was a safe, inexpensive, easy hire from day one. Nothing exciting about the guy. A couple decent years at UNI?? So what. This is the Big 12.

Last edited:
Reactions: chriscyzer