Magic Mouse

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
S

st8

has apple released any products as of late that were really all that disappointing? seems like everything they do turns to gold! we only have laptops, otherwise I'd probably get one

JonDMiller

Jun 2, 2006
My wife is looking for a right-click Apple mouse----- do they exist?

Yes they do. They exist on the mouse that she got with the purchase.

you just have to go into preferences and enable the right click function. Works on Macbooks too.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Since Macs are so over priced anyway, they should just include a multi-touch screen and do away with a mouse all together. I mean how much more can you improve an input device as simple as a mouse?

Last edited:

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
Has anybody given Apple's new Magic Mouse a shot?

If so, what are your reviews? I'm thinking about making the purchase.
It's good. I'd go for it. The scrolling alone is worth it. If it had good PC drivers I'd get another one, but the hacked up VM ones they have aren't good enough.

My wife is looking for a right-click Apple mouse----- do they exist?
Magic Mouse does it.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I don't have a Mac, but I don't think I'd like the Magic Mouse. Too small for one, and I can't imagine the touch sensitive button thing wouldn't get annoying after a while and some unintended clicks.

Ames

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 5, 2006
I'd take the word of people that have been using one for the last month over people guessing.

khehr

Apr 28, 2009
Ames
Two things:
1) ANY USB mouse will work with an Apple computer, so if you go and buy that terrible 18 button monstrosity it will work.

2) Been using the Magic Mouse for awhile. It is nice and I like it. BUT the multi-touch stuff isn't terribly exciting yet, you can only swipe left and right. When the pinch comes and some of the other multi-touch stuff comes it will be better.

SO, it is cool and comfortable to use but a little over priced for what it does.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Two things:
1) ANY USB mouse will work with an Apple computer, so if you go and buy that terrible 18 button monstrosity it will work.

2) Been using the Magic Mouse for awhile. It is nice and I like it. BUT the multi-touch stuff isn't terribly exciting yet, you can only swipe left and right. When the pinch comes and some of the other multi-touch stuff comes it will be better.

SO, it is cool and comfortable to use but a little over priced for what it does.

I have heard this same review a couple of times now. I'm just trying to decide if it is worth the extra green. I use a MACbook Pro.

AirWalke

Aug 7, 2006
Des Moines
I rarely ever stick with Apple's official hardware accessories. It's been clear they have no idea how to design a mouse ever since the "hockey puck" monstrosity they released with the original iMac. The Mighty Mouse was even more terrible... billed as having right click functions, but I couldn't get it to work half the time. Still not sold on the Magic Mouse... I'll have to give it a try before giving it any credit.

S

st8

I have heard this same review a couple of times now. I'm just trying to decide if it is worth the extra green. I use a MACbook Pro.

chris, we all know that for an A-list celebrity like yourself, money is just fun tickets anyway!!! :jimlad: get one.

jpete24

Wearing nut cup since 2002
SuperFanatic
Mar 25, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Chris, to tell you the true I've had some buyers regret on getting the Magic Mouse. I use Boot Camp and go to the Windows side a lot for gaming, and now I have to carry two mice because of it. Magic Mouse is not good for gaming, AT ALL. All other uses though its pretty nice! I'm actually looking at getting a Razer Orochi right now and selling my Magic Mouse. Want to pick it up for a discount? :) Shoot me a PM, I'm in Ankeny!

Reactions: ChrisMWilliams