Mangino also had issues as HS coach

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
yes, making kids clean up after themselves in a lockeroom to contribute is abusive.:jimlad:

whatever....now everyone who has a gripe against Mangino will be coming out of the woodwork.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
yes, making kids clean up after themselves in a lockeroom to contribute is abusive.:jimlad:

whatever....now everyone who has a gripe against Mangino will be coming out of the woodwork.

And you'll have a boatload of people faking outrage over every accusation.

nickwc

Mar 27, 2007
Denver, CO
this whole thing is overboard imo. they needed to keep this in house and try not to let everyone hear about it.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
this whole thing is overboard imo. they needed to keep this in house and try not to let everyone hear about it.

No kiddin these weren't racial or biggoted comments, no one else should be offended by anything he did...other than the kids/families he supposedly said it to.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
“He was probably the best coach I’ve ever had, in any sport,â€￾ said Cam-Rahn Cortez, also a senior on the 1990 team. “He’s very intense, which is something I like. He just knows how to get you motivated. He yelled at me as much as anybody, but I think it made me a better person.â€￾

So not everyone had a problem with his style. If these kids(KU or this HS), can't handle a little yelling, they shouldn't be out for sports. I know we don't have the full details, but some of this seems WAY overblown

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
No, Let it all out. The more they talk about it... the more their recruits begin to have second thoughts...

Exactly! However this turns out, it will be good for ISU. We recruit against Kansas quite a bit and play them every year, so a hurting Kansas program is a good thing for us!

Wingback

Dec 26, 2008
Here's the bottom line guys. If Kansas is 9-2 or 8-3 and headed for the Big 12 championship game, everybody on the team, at the school, and in Lawrence is in love with the guy. Unfortunately, it appears that Kansas just can't deal with success in football. If they fire the guy, we'll see Kansas returning to the revered dormat position in the Big 12 North.

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
They are called "helicopter parents"...those that are too involved in the critical juncture of a child's life where they learn to take care of things for themselves. I can see how they would be numerous in the sport world.

The helicopter parents are lifting away Mangino's career at KU...and everyone is coming out of the woodwork now just for the sake of a change. People are that reactionary...they just like to see drama and things blow up.