Bengles to sign Larry Johnson

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
You've got to be kidding me. They're having a great year. Why mess with that by getting a 4th string RB who's a giant head case? :no:
They're completely unsure and nervous by their recent success, this should hopefully bring them back down to where they're more comfortable.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
You've got to be kidding me. They're having a great year. Why mess with that by getting a 4th string RB who's a giant head case? :no:

Because Benson got injured and they need another back. What does this hurt? He would have been picked up by any number of team ... I'm suprised the Pats didn't get him with Morris & Taylor dinged up.

Benson was a "cancer" on the Bears, now he's in the top 5 RBs in the league.

Maybe the Bengals get lucky twice.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
Because Benson got injured and they need another back. What does this hurt? He would have been picked up by any number of team ... I'm suprised the Pats didn't get him with Morris & Taylor dinged up.

Benson was a "cancer" on the Bears, now he's in the top 5 RBs in the league.

Maybe the Bengals get lucky twice.

Yep! I've been a Bengals fan since 2nd grade. While some of the criticism about "character" is warranted, they have not had any off the field problems in about 2 years. Benson has been an absolute steal and he is slightly injured right now. If he can't go, the team needs another power RB to pick up his carries. I am concerned a bit about the chemistry issue, but they got LJ cheap. If he doesn't work out, they release him.

URBCLONE

Mar 26, 2006
Urbandale
They're completely unsure and nervous by their recent success, this should hopefully bring them back down to where they're more comfortable.

You obviously haven't seen them play this year. They really should be 8-1 right now. They lost on a disastrous play Week 1 against Denver. Houston took it to them in mid October. Other than that, the Bengals have been the tougher team every week. Crazy things happen all of the time in sports and especially where the Bengals are concerned, but I can't see them falling apart this year.