The HB saga and the people

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
who keep coming on every thread telling everyone to move on. Everyone has a right to talk about it. If you don't want to talk about it then don't.. people have been rapped up in this saga for over 3 years now. You can't expect people to drop it in 3 days. Just let them talk about it and get it out of there system. If will propbably be off the boards in 1 week.

Reactions: Go2Guy

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
who keep coming on every thread telling everyone to move on. Everyone has a right to talk about it. If you don't want to talk about it then don't.. people have been rapped up in this saga for over 3 years now. You can't expect people to drop it in 3 days. Just let them talk about it and get it out of there system. If will propbably be off the boards in 1 week.

Agreed....it feels good to vent and get the frustration out. We'll move on and forget eventually.

Chances are we'll never see a #1 recruit come out of Ames.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Knownothing, you need to move on. :wink:

Exactly, you need to move on.:biglaugh:

I'm not saying it doesn't get old seeing the threads. Although I understand the frustration. And personally, isn't this what message boards are for? Yapping online. We aren't solving the worlds energy problems here, we're talking about sports. Vent all you want.

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA

oh comeon Know, you could have made at least 2 threads out of this, not just one!

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines

Thank you. I'm glad someone said it.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Knownothing, you definitely know something here. This will be an open wound for a long, long time - especially if HB find big-time success at UNC.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

the whole thing was such a mystery for so long and we all watched him for 3 years at our games, that I think it is only natural to talk about it.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Couldn't make it another day without a new HB thread could we...

MOVE ON!!!!

confused.jpg

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Hopefully, he's a one and done kid. That way, I won't have to watch him play. I'll be vacationing in the mountains of Afghanistan.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
On a side note, where's the saga? The #1 player in the country went to an elite program to play basketball. I am sure this is the first time that has happened in history. :arghh:

Reactions: CarolinaCy

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
It's like dating a girl for 3 years. You get down on your knee and ask her and she says no. Then the next day people start telling you to get over her and get on with life. Even though she is dating a different guy just like you who has had the hottest chicks in the world for the last 40 years. You just have to look at her like WHY.

Reactions: PGreen ISU '92
S

st8

hold on, are we almost through an entire first page of an HB thread without a post from 3truefan? That's like getting through a whole week of football look alikes with no Whoopi!

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
On a side note, where's the saga? The #1 player in the country went to an elite program to play basketball. I am sure this is the first time that has happened in history. :arghh:

There is a heck of a lot more to the story than that and you know it. If that was the complete story, you're right, no one would care.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
There is a heck of a lot more to the story than that and you know it. If that was the complete story, you're right, no one would care.

No, I think that pretty much sums it up.

If a bunch of people on a message board were convinced that said #1 player was going to go to their school of choice, that is their problem. Not the player in question or mine. (although it is mine now cuz if I wanna read this board I have to listen to people whine about it for the next 10 years)

clones_jer

Apr 16, 2006
IA
Hopefully, he's a one and done kid. That way, I won't have to watch him play. I'll be vacationing in the mountains of Afghanistan.

where the beer flows like wine and the women flock like the salmon of the Capistrono!

BigBake

Mar 17, 2006
U'dale
We just lost (although we probably never had a chance in hindsight) the #1 recruit in the nation, a recruit from the college hometown, best friends with head coaches son, mentored by a former star player.

It's going to generate a few threads/venting for a while. It is what it is.