I get the fact

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
that it was the first game of the season against a team nobody knows. However there were seriously like 9 people at the Iowa basketball game. 9. Maybe 10 at the most. Cant they give those tickets away to family's who want to take a kid to a game and get some people in there. THey could at least make money off the concesions.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
that it was the first game of the season against a team nobody knows. However there were seriously like 9 people at the Iowa basketball game. 9. Maybe 10 at the most. Cant they give those tickets away to family's who want to take a kid to a game and get some people in there. THey could at least make money off the concesions.

Did you see the attendance at the ISU game last night?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Not even close to what Iowa's was. Seriously it looked like morgue. Iowa State still had a crowd.

dtclones

Sep 15, 2009
Des Moines
Did you see the attendance at the ISU game last night?

Yeah, but in defense of the poor attendance, three games in one weekend is a little much. Had I been further away than Des Moines, I wouldn't have made all three trips to Ames this weekend. The Sunday night game was doomed for a poor showing. But you are right, the crowd was small and pretty much no one was getting into the game, including myself.

hort4cy

Jun 29, 2006
Randalia, IA
Yeah, but in defense of the poor attendance, three games in one weekend is a little much. Had I been further away than Des Moines, I wouldn't have made all three trips to Ames this weekend. The Sunday night game was doomed for a poor showing. But you are right, the crowd was small and pretty much no one was getting into the game, including myself.

Whose the brainiac that scheduled a Sunday night game the first weekend anyway?

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

Yes, I was there. Considering it was a Sunday night after a huge weekend of Cyclone sports I didn't think it was terrible.

I agree, but Sunday night games just are not feasible for a lot of people, including Iowa fans. They had a nice size following to Columbus this weekend; their fans had just as big of weekend. Not to call out the students at all, but that was one of the worst showing for students I think I have seen since I have been here.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
I agree, but Sunday night games just are not feasible for a lot of people, including Iowa fans. They had a nice size following to Columbus this weekend; their fans had just as big of weekend. Not to call out the students at all, but that was one of the worst showing for students I think I have seen since I have been here.

Agreed. But at the same time, I know I missed a few sunday night basketball games against the Chicago State's of the world when I was a student. The turnout was pretty good on friday, I thought. Hopefully they come out in force for the UNI game. Really looking forward to that one.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Agreed. But at the same time, I know I missed a few sunday night basketball games against the Chicago State's of the world when I was a student. The turnout was pretty good on friday, I thought. Hopefully they come out in force for the UNI game. Really looking forward to that one.

I agree...again I was not calling anybody out. Sunday night was just a bad night to have a game. If it was not for me living in Ames and literally having nothing else to do on a cold night, I doubt I would have gone. I honestly might not have gone it the game were on TV.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

I want to retract my statement. After seeing some of the Iowa game on ESPNU last night, Iowa fans should be downright embarrassed about their basketball attendance. I think ISU Volleyball attendance is outdrawing Iowa's Men's Basketball.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
I want to retract my statement. After seeing some of the Iowa game on ESPNU last night, Iowa fans should be downright embarrassed about their basketball attendance. I think ISU Volleyball attendance is outdrawing Iowa's Men's Basketball.[/QUOTE]

Ok- we are all embarrassed about the attendance thing, but a bigger concern is how embarrassed we are of our basketball program. Which, when you think about it, kind of helps explain the that whole attendance issue.

You guys seem to act as though we have a Final Four caliber team and we are just not showing up to support them. Seriously, we may be lucky to win 5 or 6 games this year. Who really wants to go watch bad college basketball being played in a really boring style of play when we are still in the home stretch of a fantastic football season?

A little perspective please.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
I want to retract my statement. After seeing some of the Iowa game on ESPNU last night, Iowa fans should be downright embarrassed about their basketball attendance. I think ISU Volleyball attendance is outdrawing Iowa's Men's Basketball.[/QUOTE]

Ok- we are all embarrassed about the attendance thing, but a bigger concern is how embarrassed we are of our basketball program. Which, when you think about it, kind of helps explain the that whole attendance issue.

You guys seem to act as though we have a Final Four caliber team and we are just not showing up to support them. Seriously, we may be lucky to win 5 or 6 games this year. Who really wants to go watch bad college basketball being played in a really boring style of play when we are still in the home stretch of a fantastic football season?

Honestly, I think 5-8 wins is about right for that team. I don't mean it as an insult, because I really have enjoyed Iowa basketball for a long, long time. I really would prefer that it hadn't come to this death march of a season.

Starting 0-2, though, against UTSA and Duquesne, that's ugly. Texas on the horizon, that's beyond brutal for this bunch.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Judging by the crowd on the TV last night you probably could have walked down and sat courtside or behind the bench. Then again it would be easier to nap where no one is sitting around you...

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
This image will probably sum up Iowa basketball this season

bilde

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street

Here's perspective...you guys (Iowa fans) booted TWO coaches out of town for not winning. So now you have a bad team with little players and probably have the label of a football only school in the coaching circles . You better hope and pray that Lick gets it turned around, I don't know of many coaches that will be wanting to take over a program that has no base, fan and player wise.

DocGooden

Sep 12, 2009
Here's perspective...you guys (Iowa fans) booted TWO coaches out of town for not winning. So now you have a bad team with little players and probably have the label of a football only school in the coaching circles . You better hope and pray that Lick gets it turned around, I don't know of many coaches that will be wanting to take over a program that has no base, fan and player wise.

Ok, I give up. We are guilty of the Davis one over a decade ago. Please, do tell. Who is the second one?