HB and Jake Sullivan

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
Can someone shed some light on that relationship? Did it go south? Was it mutual? I was listening to Murph and Andy when they had the ames high athletic director on and he was saying how HB has a pretty long speech for tomorrow to thank a lot of people who have helped and supported him through the process and it got me thinking about his relationship with Jake. Many on here were critical of Jake and that he was not doing all he could as an alumn of ISU. Anyone with some insight?

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Can someone shed some light on that relationship? Did it go south? Was it mutual? I was listening to Murph and Andy when they had the ames high athletic director on and he was saying how HB has a pretty long speech for tomorrow to thank a lot of people who have helped and supported him through the process and it got me thinking about his relationship with Jake. Many on here were critical of Jake and that he was not doing all he could as an alumn of ISU. Anyone with some insight?

Whoa! Moved it up a day, huh? :wink:

isunorth

Mar 3, 2009
Minneapolis
I always thought that Jake was supposed to be an ISU-hater and one of the biggest supporters of a commitment to a more high profile school.

This opinion, of course is only the result of me reading this board. I don't know either of them personally so couldn't say for sure.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

I'd be interested in knowing what went down there. I do think that Barnes was close to committing to us a couple of years ago and Jake discouraged. Maybe better for Harrison in the long run, but worse for Iowa State.

Spam

May 21, 2008
Jake does not hate ISU at all. He is not a big fan of McD ball, but says that with what he believes is in ISU's best interest. I think he has served ISU enough that we respect his opinion, even if we do not agree (unless of course he is a genuine ISU hater- which he is not).

Rods79

Nov 27, 2006
Des Moines
I'd be interested in knowing what went down there. I do think that Barnes was close to committing to us a couple of years ago and Jake discouraged. Maybe better for Harrison in the long run, but worse for Iowa State.

I had no idea this was the case.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I had no idea this was the case.

I'm not sure when or where I heard it, so take it with a grain of salt, I guess. But it does make sense. He grew up an Iowa State fan and we were his first offer, I could see how a freshman in high school might just decide to commit.

DRCHIRO

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 13, 2008
I'm not sure when or where I heard it, so take it with a grain of salt, I guess. But it does make sense. He grew up an Iowa State fan and we were his first offer, I could see how a freshman in high school might just decide to commit.
Yeah

Yeah, that was a rumor that has circulated. There was also a rumor linking HB to Florida and Jake getting an assistant job under Donovan. Again, not saying any of this is true but maybe Jake did something that rubbed the Barnes family the wrong way.