Mark Miller Predicts Barnes to UNC

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Matt Perault just tipped me off on this link.

A prominent Wisconsin basketball writer, Mark Miller is "predicting" that HB will head to UNC.

I wouldn't lose any sleep over this though. It's nothing more than another writer trying to get ahead of the curve.

Thought I'd share the link though.

Twitter

cyclonefan1983

Feb 12, 2009
I though it was Duke the favorite and always has been

I'm starting to think that Harrison Barnes may not wear any of the Duke or or UNC colors as doesnt want to betrade those fan bases

Dolokaju

Jun 8, 2006
I am at the point that it's ISU, not so much as I am sure he is coming bit moreso because how often do we have any shot at the top player in the country. May as well be positi e for as long as I can.

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa
It is funny how there are so many experts are sure he is going to Duke, or Kansas or UNC or ........... but no one thinks he is going to ISU.

CoolSoftPillow

Nov 10, 2009
*Yawn*
I hear the decision will be between ISU, Duke, and UNC. UCLA, OU, and Kansas have no shot. It's either ACC powerhouse or hometown glory. If I was in his situation I would stay home and become a hero, but if he decides to become a Blue Devil...I will not mind.:wink:

Rick

Mar 18, 2007
Ankeny
I hear the decision will be between ISU, Duke, and UNC. UCLA, OU, and Kansas have no shot. It's either ACC powerhouse or hometown glory. If I was in his situation I would stay home and become a hero, but if he decides to become a Blue Devil...I will not mind.:wink:
Hoping he stays the home town boy also. A lot of competition. Nice first post. Hopefully it will be your last reason to visit here. Nothing wrong with you coming in but I really hope you have no reason to come back.

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Hoping he stays the home town boy also. A lot of competition. Nice first post. Hopefully it will be your last reason to visit here. Nothing wrong with you coming in but I really hope you have no reason to come back.

Maybe he will come back to cry about us kicking their *** in Chicago on Jan. 6th

xr4ticlone

Oct 1, 2006
Texas
Don't be that way...be nice and civil...no reason not to be.

I'm no Duke fan, but he didn't do anything deserving of that.

I look at it this way. HB may be a great player...but he'll NEVER be a Michael Jordan at UNC. That's just the way it is.

At Duke, KU, or UCLA he'll be one of many great players that have played there.

I really doubt OU is all that much in this deal...but I may be wrong?

Finally in Ames he's the home town hero...the guy who put Iowa State back on the map. Getting a chance to play in front of friends and family all the time...and maybe being Iowa State's Michael Jordan? Hopefully though, he'll still be as nice of kid as he is now...and as humble...something that seems to have been lost on Jordan.

Oh...and I'll love it if we beat Duke in Chicago. : )

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
He is not going to put ISU back on the map if he signs here (which is unlikely) because Brackins and the boys are going to this season.

S

st8

is there a way to view the link if I don't have a twitter account?

mcnemat

Mar 6, 2007
I might as well throw in my two cents, I think every other Cyclone fan has.

I believe that HB has said from the start that he wants to go to a school with a good business school and a chance to win a national championship.

Business School Rankings and Profiles: EMBA, Executive Education, MBA, Part-time MBA, Distance MBA

Based on Business Week of HB's top 6 choices only two schools are on the list(see above link):
UNC at Chapel Hill #13
Iowa State #92

Of the two above it is obvious that UNC has the best chance at winning a national championship.

The facts would lead you to say this is a done deal and it is UNC.

As an eternal optimist, I truely believe that Iowa State will be the choice. I say this because HB announced that he would be making an announcement in a week and then proceeded to visit Iowa State. His personal relationships with current ISU players and Iowa State has a top 100 business school, it will be Iowa State.

Reactions: Clonester

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009

I don't know, I wouldn't mind some discussion of the game prior to January 6th.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron