The best ISU sports have EVER been...?

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I can't think of a time when ISU sports have ever been better...

Volleyball ranked in the top 10-Has shot at winning National Champ
Girls Basketball ranked 24
Men’s Basketball ranked 29
Wrestling ranked 2- Has shot at winning the National Champ.
Football is working on a bowl game

I will even take it step further and say ISU sports are the best in the Midwest. I know football drives colleges, but overall ISU is very competitive in all sports and think of another school that is having as much success as ISU.

Where are the people that said, we need to go to MVC to compete in sports? Look’s like we are doing a fine job in the big 12. Look who has got the last :biglaugh::biglaugh:.

JP good work!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Where was ISU MBB ranked 29th?

Also, 2000 was better. Men's basketball team had a shot at the NC, football team won a bowl game and was ranked. WBB made the sweet 16 and elite 8

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
Lets all be happy the the excitable teenagers.

But 2000 was better.

Also if you dig out the history books.

Football Bowl game
Wrestling National Champions
Gymnastics National Champion Runner-up

swammi

May 10, 2009
Apollo Beach, Florida

I will even take it step further and say ISU sports are the best in the Midwest. I know football drives colleges, but overall ISU is very competitive in all sports and think of another school that is having as much success as ISU.

Where are the people that said, we need to go to MVC to compete in sports? Look’s like we are doing a fine job in the big 12. Look who has got the last :biglaugh::biglaugh:.

JP good work!

I'll second that and add that there is a long and fun climb ahead of us. This is GREAT!

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
What exactly has basketball accomplished? Or wrestling for that matter. Let's not get too giddy about preseason ranks. If these teams perform well this year and earns that spot then I'll agree it is a great year, not the best, but a great year.

tazclone

Apr 14, 2006

JP good work!
You have a short memory.

clonefreek

Jun 24, 2009
ames

JP good work!

Our Club Hockey team is also a very good hockey team... but i would have to say 2000 was our best year.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I have to go with 2000. 9-3 FB team, elite 8 men's BB team... When you think of successful sports those 2 sports get the most attention

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
In 2000 we basically had our best seasons ever in the most important sports. To even get close we would have to see the football team win out and the bball team compete for the Big 12 title and make a deep run in the tourney. That isn't going to happen. That said, things are looking much better now than they have for the last few years. It is nice to feel good about things for a change.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron