ABC Coverage Maps for this weekend....

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
That is a puzzler, isn't it? What's even more puzzling is most of Iowa is going to get K-State/Texas Tech.

What really sucks is that anyone who wants to watch the USC/Oregon game is going to be out of luck.

You can see the Trojan Duck showdown, just in SD on ESPN2

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
You can see the Trojan Duck showdown, just in SD on ESPN2

I'm going to assume you're a Mediacom subscriber like I am - I wonder why you can't watch it on 832? Who wants to watch 3 hours of ESPNews?

That being said, I'm glad I'll be able to watch it somewhere. OSU/Texas doesn't really do it for me.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
I'm going to assume you're a Mediacom subscriber like I am - I wonder why you can't watch it on 832? Who wants to watch 3 hours of ESPNews?

That being said, I'm glad I'll be able to watch it somewhere. OSU/Texas doesn't really do it for me.

Nope, I've upgraded to the bigger of the 2 evils, Comcast

And who knows why they blackout the games like that...so stupid

I'd think all Hawk fans would be watching OSU/Texas closely and be big Pokes this weekend

everyyard

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2006
www.cyclonejerseys.com

****! OSU/Texas might be your ticket into the BCS championship. It sure as hell would do it for me if I was a hawkeye fan!

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
Nope, I've upgraded to the bigger of the 2 evils, Comcast

And who knows why they blackout the games like that...so stupid

I'd think all Hawk fans would be watching OSU/Texas closely and be big Pokes this weekend

I don't think that'll be much of a game; I think Texas wins big. Then again, I don't know a whole lot about Ok. State other than that Dez Bryant got suspended. Maybe that will affect them mentally, who knows. Either way, I think that one is over by halftime.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
****! OSU/Texas might be your ticket into the BCS championship. It sure as hell would do it for me if I was a hawkeye fan!

Not even thinking about Iowa playing for the national championship. A lot of things that are out of Iowa's control would have to happen for Iowa to play in that game.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

The reason is that ESPN produces more than one standard def feed of espn2, which gets distributed to the cable providers. So for standard def, they are able to get the game they are supposed to.

However, for the ESPN2HD feed, they only have one feed distributed nationally. So, if you are in an area where whats on that is already on ABC, it gets blacked out with ESPNews.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
EXACTLY. One of which might just be this game that you don't care about.

And like I've said, I think Texas wins that game rather easily, while I think USC/Oregon might be competetive. Also, should Iowa make the Rose Bowl, it'll be either USC or Oregon that they end up playing.

garn91

Jun 1, 2006
Ankeny
Wowser, I didn't mean to open a can of worms by posting the coverage maps. IMO, i'd just assume that the 2:30 on Channel 5 be the Big 12 game and that would mean the 2:30 game Big 10 game is on ESPN and that way, everyone is happy.