Steve Phillips Fired by ESPN

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Well I guess I'm in the minority on CF but I just thought Phillips was annoying and considering he did so badly as the Mets GM it was hard to listen to his insight. Kind of like listening to Matt Millen.

Reactions: JBone84

SwirlingFloater

Dec 19, 2008
West Des Moines
Well I guess I'm in the minority on CF but I just thought Phillips was annoying and considering he did so badly as the Mets GM it was hard to listen to his insight. Kind of like listening to Matt Millen.

This.

It is really annoying to hear Matt Millen criticize personnel decisions of different teams after his time with Detroilet.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I liked Phillips during games a lot. But I do remember right after he got fired by the Mets, he did these fake press conferences for ESPN where he posed as every GM in the majors during spring training. Those were some of the most lame TV sports bits I have ever seen.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I liked Phillips during games a lot. But I do remember right after he got fired by the Mets, he did these fake press conferences for ESPN where he posed as every GM in the majors during spring training. Those were some of the most lame TV sports bits I have ever seen.
You obviously haven't seen Dr. Lou.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines

Bingo. Anyone remember those fake press conferences ESPN held a few years ago. They would have Phillips pose as the GM of whoever they thought would be a contending team, and then have their own reporters ask him pretend questions.

You have to remember how Steve Phillips got to ESPN, along with guys like Matt Millen.

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
ESPN's worst television personality was fired for his horrifying sexual escapades with a coworker.

Paul (Pam) Ward would politely disagree with this.