ESPN Bowl Projections

oldglory1

Nov 27, 2006
CR
I know it is a long shot but I'm holding out hope for the Independence Bowl again....

Auburn vs. ISU

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
This is the 3rd time ISU has been on that list and every time, it's against Navy. That's the way to change it up!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
does that mean we would have to treat that game like "Navy fest" like the Army game?

Some changes always have to be made. Maybe not as much as we did for the army game, but the band for sure cannot go parading around yelling "Oh we hate the navy":biglaugh:

Also, i would rather play Navy than TCU in texas.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
It'd be an interesting matchup for us...Navy didn't have one pass attempt in their win over Wake Forest this weekend.

j4state

May 21, 2006
Visit site
Kansas State to Alamo? Don't see it happening but that would a huge statement in year one of Wild Bill era, part II.

Definitely not going to be picky about where or who we play if we land a bowl. I will be there.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
I think ISU can feel pretty comfortable about getting a bowl bid if we get to 6 wins. We traveled well to the Texas bowl 4 years ago, so we have some equity there. Also, we've been to the Independence bowl twice, and had pretty good turnouts both times. We should be okay if we can get that 6th win.

Edit: I should say the Ev1.net Houston bowl four years ago, not the Texas bowl.

cyfan964

Oct 22, 2006
Houston is a LONG WAY DOWN THERE. I think I'm flying this time if that happens.

CloneState1028

Jan 21, 2008
Ames, IA via Cedar Rapids
Kansas State to Alamo? Don't see it happening but that would a huge statement in year one of Wild Bill era, part II.

Definitely not going to be picky about where or who we play if we land a bowl. I will be there.

It could happen. They also have Texas Tech and Kansas going to either the Sun Bowl and to the Insight Bowl, one thinks KU to Sun, other thinks Tech to Sun.

I think we could jump KU in the Big 12 Standings, honestly. They have a really brutal stretch of games to finish the season, and already having a 1-2 record isn't helping them either. They could seriously lose out all five and I wouldn't be surprised at all, but they'll probably win at least one or two finishing with either a 2-6 or 3-5 Big 12 record.

All we'd have to do is win 2/4 games to be ahead of them, thus moving us up one in the bowl bid selection position...

We just gotta win games though. Everything else will take care of itself. I'd take any bowl, but I'm realistically still hoping for a Alamo/Sun/Insight possibility. Even though we could play Auburn in the Independence Bowl, I'm still not too thrilled with going there again.

Help Support Us

Become a patron