Top Big Men

DumbFan

Mar 15, 2009
Central Iowa
I hate the love fest with Cole Aldrich. He's a big body that can board and make easy put-backs. He won't be anything special at the next level and IMHO is nothing special at this level. Collins being so electric is the only thing giving this guy exposure. Anybody could average 14 and 10 if they were 7' tall and had some beef. They should watch him take a 12 foot jump shot or even shoot a free throw before they rank him #1. Completely one dimensional and I would take Craig over him any day of the week. My 2 cents. Peace.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Yeah Aldrich is annoying. I think if he were on an average team he wouldnt get so much exposure. Collins on the other hand is fantastic.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I look forward to a potential #2 vs #7 big man showdown in November!

3 of the top 10 big men are on our schedule. Great measuring stick for Craig and Hamilton.

ce1

Mar 23, 2006
Minnesota
I hate the love fest with Cole Aldrich. He's a big body that can board and make easy put-backs. He won't be anything special at the next level and IMHO is nothing special at this level. Collins being so electric is the only thing giving this guy exposure. Anybody could average 14 and 10 if they were 7' tall and had some beef. They should watch him take a 12 foot jump shot or even shoot a free throw before they rank him #1. Completely one dimensional and I would take Craig over him any day of the week. My 2 cents. Peace.

Yeah, averaging a double/double in the Big 12, as a true sophomore, isn't really that special. :jimlad:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think Cole is a damn good player. Ripping on him because he's so damn big doesn't make sense to me. If Shaq wasn't so big he wouldn't be that good either.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
Patrick Patterson over CB? :biglaugh: I watched a ton of Kentucky bball last year, and he is vastly overrated. CB is definitely better.

ISUCY23

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 16, 2008
Ames
If we had a winning record last year CB probably would be higher

clone52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 27, 2006

Aldrich has an ugly shot but he makes a ton of them. How many 7 footers do you see that are 80% free throw shooters?

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Brackins put up the same offensive stats as the top players in the country last season, but put up many more shots to do it, and thus wasn't nearly as efficient. He ranked near the bottom among high-use guys in the league last year.

2009 Big 12 Conference Leaders for Offensive Rating
2009 National Leaders for Offensive Rating

If Craig can get his efficiency up while still keeping the same stats, then there's a good argument that he should be up with the Pattersons and Harangodys. Until then, I'm not sure. And I know that it is harder for him to have a good efficiency on an average team, but even Nebraska's Ade Dagunduro was more efficient last season.

sands4cy

Sep 12, 2009
CB should be #3 if u go by stats and u can see how his reb. were alot better 2nd half of the year. that means he got better and should be a better rebounder this year.