Iowa State vs. Creighton @ Wells Fargo Arena

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Wait for someone to come in here and ***** about why we aren't playing them at home because we're losing money for business in Ames, or having another game on our home floor to win. :biglaugh:

Good move on the part of our athletics department.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Surprising.

I didn't think Jamie would ever schedule another regular season game down at WFA

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Exempt tournament? What does that mean?

If this is just a one game contract, meaning we don't have to give Creighton a return game, this is not a bad move at all. Definitely favors ISU over Creighton!

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006
Surprising.

I didn't think Jamie would ever schedule another regular season game down at WFA

Same here.

I thought he said as much last season... and the turnout at WFA was less than stellar as I recall.

Bader

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2007
Ankeny
Big difference between Ohio State and Creighton for obvious reasons.

Bradley was the last game there. But I remember something not going right last time on the business side of this that Jamie didn't like.

Either way, WFA sucks. Glad to see us playing Creighton again though!

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I love the WF games we played in the past. Gave the wife an I a reason to get away for a night. Stay at the ol embassy suites.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Until Iowa State starts playing all there home games at home I will not attend these stupid things.
I get the chicago Duke game. We need Chicago exposure and we get to play Duke.
I have no idea why we are playing Creighton at WFA when we could whip them at home with home court advantage.
One less game at Hilton is bad.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Until Iowa State starts playing all there home games at home I will not attend these stupid things.
I have no idea why we are playing Creighton at WFA when we could whip them at home with home court advantage.

No way Creighton plays at Hilton without us returning the favor and going to Omaha. If this is just a one"neutral" game series, its not a bad deal at all.

Last edited:

JD720

Jan 3, 2009

A) Who said it was a "home" game?

B) Assuming it is a "home" game, how would you attend "these stupid things" if they moved all of their home games to home (Hilton)?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
It's not a home and home so it's not the screw job that the last 2 were. We don't lose a home game...we gain a neutral site game. Creighton has a ***** if anyone. A neutral site game in Des Moines is ISU's advantage, in theory.

Haverhill

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 4, 2009
Ames
www.twitter.com
What is funny is that Iowa was the first school Creighton approached for this game. However, Iowa's fan participation is so poor that Creighton had to look elsewhere.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
It's not a home and home so it's not the screw job that the last 2 were. We don't lose a home game...we gain a neutral site game. Creighton has a ***** if anyone. A neutral site game in Des Moines is ISU's advantage, in theory.

Exactly. WFA is a whole 30 miles from Ames, and about half the people at most games in Hilton are coming from Des Moines as it is.

It's a "neutral site" game that is a hell of a lot closer to ISU than it is to Creighton.

Cyballz

Aug 20, 2009

This is why our fanbase sucks - show up and support your team. Why not sell out wells fargo and make it into hilton south? What is the advantage in staying home and "protesting" ISU not playing every game at home? Guess what - it's going to happen, we're going to play these type of games - you staying home ain't going to stop them, so be a fan and show up to support your team.