NFL: Favre: This is the best team I've played on

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
The only arguments I can make is that Favre has had some stud receivers in Green Bay. I don't think Favre has a receiver on the Vikings that can do this:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_dQrqiFIKI]YouTube - Amazing Antonio Freeman Catch[/ame]
But I think if you're looking at a complete team, this years Vikings team has all the pieces together.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
The only arguments I can make is that Favre has had some stud receivers in Green Bay. I don't think Favre has a receiver on the Vikings that can do this:
YouTube - Amazing Antonio Freeman Catch
But I think if you're looking at a complete team, this years Vikings team has all the pieces together.
This isnt as good...but its pretty solid
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmRMQgCJrQw]YouTube - Favre to Sidney Rice Amazing Catch Vs Rams[/ame]

BCforISU

Feb 17, 2008
Madison, WI
Its not the best until they win the superbowl. He can say what he wants, but we will see at the end of the season. They don't win it, they aren't the best he has been on IMO.

StPaulCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 9, 2008
Duh!
Its not the best until they win the superbowl. He can say what he wants, but we will see at the end of the season. They don't win it, they aren't the best he has been on IMO.

Didn't he say the same thing in "06 or '07 in Green Bay?? I have heard this quote from him before.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Favre: "This is the best team I've ever been on." ... Hmmm | StarTribune.com

This hasn't been posted yet so thought I'd put it up here see your thoughts on this.

Well, first off... Favre is a major jerk off.

Second... yeah... I guess this Vikings team is far superior to any Packer team with the likes of Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Andre Rison, Keith Jackson, and Mark Chmura on offense.... and LeRoy Butler, Craig Newsome, Brian Williams, Wayne Simmons, Santana Dotson, Sean Jones, and Reggie White on defense. Not to mention that Favre himself was 10 times better on that team than he is now. That Green Bay team was much better than the current Vikings.

It's obvious to anyone with a brain that Favre only wanted to get revenge on the Packers by going to the Vikes. He wouldn't even talk to any other teams. And he thought he had his revenge a few weeks ago when his Vikes beat the Pack, but then nearly every single analyst on the planet agreed the morning after that game that Aaron Rodgers was still the better QB between the two right now and that GB made the right decision by moving on without Brett.

I guess the poor little spoiled brat didn't like hearing that, so now he's shooting off his mouth about how this current Vikes team is the best team he's ever been on. I hope he understands that if he doesn't win the Super Bowl this year, then the season was a failure. He was brought in to win a Super Bowl, not just make the playoffs. They would have made the playoffs with Jackson or Rosenfels at QB.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think it's awesome he said this. I think it's definitely debatable, but he's got a great point and may be right.

I'm just amused this has riled up Packer fan so much. :)

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
I think it's awesome he said this. I think it's definitely debatable, but he's got a great point and may be right.

I'm just amused this has riled up Packer fan so much. :)

Debatable after wins against 5 opponents, including the Rams, Browns and Lions? Yeah, o.k. Before we annoint them the best he has played on, let's see how they do against the Ravens, Steelers and Packers in Green Bay.

Favre just needs to shut his mouth and play football. Used to admire him for doing just that.....not so much any more. But, at least it isn't about sticking it to Ted Thompson. :biglaugh:

nhclone

Nov 20, 2008

Second... yeah... I guess this Vikings team is far superior to any Packer team with the likes of Robert Brooks, Antonio Freeman, Andre Rison, Keith Jackson, and Mark Chmura on offense.... and LeRoy Butler, Craig Newsome, Brian Williams, Wayne Simmons, Santana Dotson, Sean Jones, and Reggie White on defense. Not to mention that Favre himself was 10 times better on that team than he is now. That Green Bay team was much better than the current Vikings.

It's obvious to anyone with a brain that Favre only wanted to get revenge on the Packers by going to the Vikes. He wouldn't even talk to any other teams. And he thought he had his revenge a few weeks ago when his Vikes beat the Pack, but then nearly every single analyst on the planet agreed the morning after that game that Aaron Rodgers was still the better QB between the two right now and that GB made the right decision by moving on without Brett.

I guess the poor little spoiled brat didn't like hearing that, so now he's shooting off his mouth about how this current Vikes team is the best team he's ever been on. I hope he understands that if he doesn't win the Super Bowl this year, then the season was a failure. He was brought in to win a Super Bowl, not just make the playoffs. They would have made the playoffs with Jackson or Rosenfels at QB.

You wouldn't happen to be a Packers fan, would you? :wink:

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN

You must live in Wisconsin. I heard lots of media (national & local) discuss the situation regarding Favre & Green Bay. Many of them did say that the Pack made the right decision by moving on & that going with Rogers was the right guy to build a franchise around for the long haul. But, I didn't hear any of them say that they thought Rogers is a better quarterback right now. All one had to do was watch the Monday night game to find a very good arguement that Favre is as good as or still better than Rogers right now.

Last edited:

jhill

Apr 10, 2006
You must live in Wisconsin. I heard lots of media (national & local) discuss the situation regarding Favre & Greenbay. Many of them did say that the Pack made the right decision by moving on & that going with Rogers was the right guy to build a franchise around for the long haul. But, I didn't hear any of them say that they thought Rogers is a better quarterback right now. All one had to do was watch the Monday night game to find a very good arguement that Favre is as good as or still better than Rogers right now.

Favre was not pressured the entire night. The Vikings sacked Rodgers 8 times and hit him another who knows how many times. Despite this, Rodgers had his team in a position to tie the game if the onside kick is recovered. Put Favre behind that horrid Packer offensive line and I bet he either doesn't finish the game or throws about 5 picks. That game confirmed that Rodgers is a better QB right now....but that Favre is still a decent QB on a very talented team.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Here you go Packer fans :smile:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=znDHILY4zcI]YouTube - Brett Favre highlights Vs Packers[/ame]

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
You must live in Wisconsin. I heard lots of media (national & local) discuss the situation regarding Favre & Green Bay. Many of them did say that the Pack made the right decision by moving on & that going with Rogers was the right guy to build a franchise around for the long haul. But, I didn't hear any of them say that they thought Rogers is a better quarterback right now. All one had to do was watch the Monday night game to find a very good arguement that Favre is as good as or still better than Rogers right now.

Nope. I live in Iowa. I heard many analysts say that Rodgers is the better QB right now... after that game. Both Mike's on Mike & Mike in the Morning did, and so did Ron Jaworski.

All you have to do to compare the two right now is have them switch teams. What would Favre had done on the Monday night game if he was behind GB's O-line and was sacked 8 times like Rodgers was? What would he have done if he was knocked down as many times as Rodgers was? What would he have done if defensive lineman were all over him as soon as he dropped back to pass?

And what would Rodgers have done with the Vikes O-line? What if Rodgers had 5 seconds to pass on nearly every single play? Rodgers still completed more passes and for more yards than Favre did, even though he had no time to pass whatsoever.

We saw how Favre plays when pressured in his last game as a Packer against the Giants in the NFC Championship game at Lambeau. He lost the game for them.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
I've heard this quote in one way or another at least 5-6 times in his career.

And no, that doesn't make me a riled up Packers fan. It's fact and you'll continue to hear quotes like this from him as long as he continues to play. I think he believes it gives his team confidence to hear things like that.

It sure as hell gives Vikings fans confidence.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
Favre was not pressured the entire night. The Vikings sacked Rodgers 8 times and hit him another who knows how many times. Despite this, Rodgers had his team in a position to tie the game if the onside kick is recovered. Put Favre behind that horrid Packer offensive line and I bet he either doesn't finish the game or throws about 5 picks. That game confirmed that Rodgers is a better QB right now....but that Favre is still a decent QB on a very talented team.

Amen. Anyone with a basic understanding of football understands this.

Put Favre behind GB's line, and he'd be awful. Simply awful. We've all witnessed it first hand. Rodgers still had a shot at winning the game behind that horrible line.

Minnesota hasn't beaten anyone that's very good yet. Do all Viking fans already forget how the Jets started last year?

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Amen. Anyone with a basic understanding of football understands this.

Put Favre behind GB's line, and he'd be awful. Simply awful. We've all witnessed it first hand. Rodgers still had a shot at winning the game behind that horrible line.

Minnesota hasn't beaten anyone that's very good yet. Do all Viking fans already forget how the Jets started last year?
Yes, but we dont plan on Favre getting hurt