Barnes clears the air about the Roy/Coach K night

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I really don't know why he cares so much. Obviously people are going to speculate about his recruitment and I have no idea why he feels like he has to refute stuff that is wrong. If I were I'd just handle my business, not worry about what the media has to say, and decide to go to Iowa State.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Wow is right; he has got to be getting tired of this.
I think he'll be able to make it one more month. How bad can it be getting attention from the elite basketball schools and the nation and knowing no matter where he decides he will be a star? I think he'll enjoy the process while he can and let these stupid little reports get in the way of his recruitment.

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
I think he'll be able to make it one more month. How bad can it be getting attention from the elite basketball schools and the nation and knowing no matter where he decides he will be a star? I think he'll enjoy the process while he can and let these stupid little reports get in the way of his recruitment.

It gets overwhelming...Getting pulled in hundred directions, questions, comments, phone calls, visits 24/7...Can't get away from it.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
I think he found out that the Duke fan base is an absolute cult; if they think that Coach K has been tricked by a recruit (HB) or Roy Williams, then all hell breaks loose...

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
I think he found out that the Duke fan base is an absolute cult; if they think that Coach K has been tricked by a recruit (HB) or Roy Williams, then all hell breaks loose...
Don't want to rile those nerds up. I guess this really doesn't seem like a big deal to me but what you said may have something to do with it.

Reactions: CycloneErik

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Allot of people seem to think that since our coaching staff doesn't seem to be making waves with the Barnes recruitment that we must not have a shot at him. Judging by this response, maybe taking it easier is a good thing.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Maybe this will make him realize that ISu will be a lot lower pressure environment than any of the big schools and maye, just maybe this helps us land him.

Reactions: jaretac

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
Maybe this will make him realize that ISu will be a lot lower pressure environment than any of the big schools and maye, just maybe this helps us land him.

Exactly what I was trying to say. Me words just not flow too freely tonight.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I just cannot imagine the pandemonium that would ensue if he were to commit to ISU. Can you imagine this place?

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Don't want to rile those nerds up. I guess this really doesn't seem like a big deal to me but what you said may have something to do with it.

Interesting descriptor. When we went on our visit to the campus I had the impression that most of the kids were dorks that thought they were cool.