Men's basketball starts 3 weeks from tonight

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
Hard to believe the men have a exhibition game three weeks from tonight. Should be an exciting season.

cyismydog

Apr 13, 2006
:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:
Greatest.
Thread.
Ever.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Hey I just took a look at the schedule and I was wondering why we play Drake so early this year. Don't we usually play them in December along with UNI and UI?

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I am very excited, too.

The "storylines" I'm most excited about:

-Is Gilstrap as good as advertised?

-How much has Lucca improved over the summer?

-How much has Ham's game developed? (I'm thinking he has a chance to be most improved, since he is really didn't play much basketball until recently)

-Who will provide the "toughness"?

-Battles: DG/Buck/Colvin, Lucca/Christopherson

-Has Brackins learned to dominate? (Early last year, he sometimes disappeared...see the Iowa game. Late, though...dominating.)

-Will players accept their roles? (I think this has hurt us...not everyone can be getting big minutes, but everyone can contribute)

4429 mcc

Aug 29, 2007
Wall Street
I am very excited, too.

The "storylines" I'm most excited about:

-Is Gilstrap as good as advertised?

-How much has Lucca improved over the summer?

-How much has Ham's game developed? (I'm thinking he has a chance to be most improved, since he is really didn't play much basketball until recently)

-Who will provide the "toughness"?

-Battles: DG/Buck/Colvin, Lucca/Christopherson

-Has Brackins learned to dominate? (Early last year, he sometimes disappeared...see the Iowa game. Late, though...dominating.)

-Will players accept their roles? (I think this has hurt us...not everyone can be getting big minutes, but everyone can contribute)

-And can we get to the big dance?

goldmember

May 31, 2006
If we can get through our non-conference schedule somewhat unscathed we should be primed for a Big 12 run. The tough schedule should get these guys ready for conference play, and the strength of schedule will definitely help come NCAA Tourney time.

Clone_12

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
If we can get through our non-conference schedule somewhat unscathed we should be primed for a Big 12 run. The tough schedule should get these guys ready for conference play, and the strength of schedule will definitely help come NCAA Tourney time.

Not to mention we'll be playing against many different styles of basketball, that will help prepare us for different looks come tourney time...California shoots the 3 like nobody else on our schedule, a potential match-up with Northwestern and their Princeton style offense, UNI brings a more slow it down, half court approach, Drake will give us an Arizona State-like style, Iowa will be like playing Butler's scout team, and Duke will get it up and down the court...not to mention we may go against the likes of both Kyle Singler and Luke Harongody before we reach conference play!

Last edited:

zach

Jul 17, 2006
The Subs
Not to mention we'll be playing against many different styles of basketball, that will help prepare us for different looks come tourney time...California shoots the 3 like nobody else on our schedule, a potential match-up with Northwestern and their Princeton style offense, UNI brings a more slow it down, half court approach, Drake will give us an Arizona State-like style, Iowa will be like playing Butler's scout team, and Duke will get it up and down the court...not to mention we may go against the likes of both Kyle Singler and Luke Harongody before we reach conference play!

Singler is the best athelete on that team with 2nd not even close...he is tough matchup.

Z

Z

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
-And can we get to the big dance?

Yeah, that!

I really think we will be on the bubble, and if we can steal one of the more high-profile non-conference games, as well as get a couple of signature wins in the Big 12, we'll make it.

We simply HAVE to avoid losing a cheapie to a lesser team, like we did last year with Hawaii and SDSU. Take care of business, boys.