Harrison Barnes' diary

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
"Cheven says:
October 2, 2009 at 6:14 am
Ha ha I love it, hopefully HB left out the part about the “twins” waiting for em in the room like in “he got game” or “blue chips”
Lol….come on unc girls! Don’t let us down! Ur in college its okay
Ask not what your university can do for you, but what you can do for your university!!! Lol"

Oh Cheven, you're so funny. UNC has all of the things he could want. Its a rough road ahead for ISU.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
They set the standard for what I’m looking for on my other visits. It gave me a good marker for other schools.

Serious, valid question...

In what ways are we going to compete with his UNC visit experience?

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006

IMO, just depends what's more important to HB? Being close to family/friends or what you read about above.

isuforlife

Sep 6, 2007
Family is a huge one. Be "the man" at Iowa State where UNC has 5 "the men" on the floor all the time.

Harrison should think about that, he will get all the press he wants but does he want to play for GM

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007

We can't. But I think Harrison is smart enough to realize that it isn't like that when you go to college. Vince Carter and MJ don't hang around campuses.

If you want to hang with those guys more, make the NBA! And he can do that at ISU!!!

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Maybe the practice facility will help. ISU's business program is on the rise. Close to home. Knows the players/coaches already.

cyclonestate

May 4, 2009
Here's my opinion (obviously biased). Harrison can follow all the other blue chip athletes, like lemmings, to the elite programs in the country where they have the best chance of winning a national championship - sort of like climbing Mt. Everest, but beginning your ascent only a few thousand feet below the summit. Or Harrison can show that he is, indeed, as special a person/athlete as many think he is by putting his home town university on his shoulders and carrying them to the summit, all the way from sea level!

CO4Cy

Nov 19, 2008
Lafayette, CO
After reading that he got to witness the "giving of the rings" at UNC....he is gone. Can we get a cybookie going to HB!!

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
Family is a huge one. Be "the man" at Iowa State where UNC has 5 "the men" on the floor all the time.

You know, I used to make that exact same arguement. (Still do to a degree). But when you think about it, HB is a one and done player. Some analysts say he is NBA-ready right now! And thats not even mentioning his intellect and personality. HB would be "the man" at UNC too. There will only be a small handful of players of his quality in all of college.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
You know, I used to make that exact same arguement. (Still do to a degree). But when you think about it, HB is a one and done player. Some analysts say he is NBA-ready right now! And thats not even mentioning his intellect and personality. HB would be "the man" at UNC too. There will only be a small handful of players of his quality in all of college.

I'm not too sure where everyone is getting this from? He's never said that, therefore everyone is ASSUMING. Please stop. It's annoying.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
Well obviously I want him to come here but I think UNC gives him the best chance at being a top 5 pick. He'll be in the spotlight, put up huge stats in their offense which is perfect for him, and get to play with great players. I realize NBA scouts already know him but in order to cement his status as a future lottery pick I think going to North Carolina would be his best option. Barnes says all the right things about his future but its pretty apparent his future is in the NBA and thats what I'd be looking out for.