NFL: Thigpen traded to the Dolphins

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Just heard on ESPN. Chiefs QB Tyler Thigpen was just traded to the Miami Dolphins

Why not try Henne?

Who says they are not going to go with Henne. But the only two QBs on that roster are Henne and White. IMO, Pat White was never drafted to be a true, every down QB. So they really have just one.

Gotta have options and back-ups. I think Henne could be a decent NFL quarterback. He's never gonna be Payton Manning. But I do think he could be one of those guys that (eliminating mistakes) "drives the bus" and allows the running game to work.

Clones21

Jan 20, 2008
Des Moines
Who says they are not going to go with Henne. But the only two QBs on that roster are Henne and White. IMO, Pat White was never drafted to be a true, every down QB. So they really have just one.

Gotta have options and back-ups. I think Henne could be a decent NFL quarterback. He's never gonna be Payton Manning. But I do think he could be one of those guys that (eliminating mistakes) "drives the bus" and allows the running game to work.
Very good points. +1

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
Henne is serviceable, but he needs a backup, and White is not an NFL qb. The fish had to find someone to backup Henne.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Henne has a cannon of an arm and has great size but IMO doesn't have "it" to be a great NFL QB

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I'm sure Henne will be the guy and Thigpen will be the backup, for the time being anyways.