Craig Brackins is the best

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
example of what every parent should want there child to be like. I have never met a nicer superstar in my life. Quick Story.
I saw him at the game right around half time. I ask him if my son could take a picture with him. He got a big smile and said yes. He did not say yes like it was a chore for him to do it. He acted really happy that someone wanted to take a picture with him. Like he had not had 5,000 other guys like myself secretly wanting to be in the picture with him.
So our camera of course does not work. So Craig flagged down his buddy with a camera phone. Had the guy take a picture of him with my son. Then had him e-mail it to me. We got the e-mail right when we got home.
There is class and then there is Craig Brackins. He treated us like he was the 15th man on the bench. The walk on player. If I did not know I would have guessed he walked on the team and some guy recognized him and he thought it was super cool someone knew who he was.
ISU needs more guys like Craig Brackins.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Man, if my daughter would have seen Craig and got a picture it would have made her life. Good stuff.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think Craig is really taking time to enjoy college life because he knows, this is the last year he'll have to enjoy.

I certainly hope he's enjoying it on the court this winter too.

wesley_w

Oct 23, 2006
I think Craig is really taking time to enjoy college life because he knows, this is the last year he'll have to enjoy.

I don't know Craig personally but anytime I've crossed paths with him he is about the most pleasant person I've ever come across. I wonder how I would have acted at his age if I had all that talent and adulation thrown at me.
I was immature and real stupid when I was 21 so I probably wouldn't have been like Craig.

jsheep

Apr 11, 2006
My 3-year old son got his pic with Brackins after a women's bball game last year. The next game, he saw Brackins again and just walked up to him to say hi. Brackins bent down, told my son he remembered him from the last game and gave him five. My son has repeated to everyone who will listen from that moment on that Brackins remembered him.

I have yet to run into any Cyclone student-athlete who doesn't share their appreciation for the fan support. I'm sure there are some, but every single time one of my kids have gone up to a player, they have been unbelievably considerate and kind.

HOTDON

Mar 24, 2006
Fort Dodge, IA
He picked up right where Rahshon left off as a great ambassador for the program. Having a 6-year-old son and hearing about this sort of thing season after season makes it easy to continue supporting our program.

cyclonenum1

Nov 30, 2006
Very nice story...he sounds like a quality guy. Although there are certainly a number of morons playing athletics at all levels, I do believe there are a lot of good guys out there too...guys like Brackins, Tebow, etc.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI
I met Mr. Brackins yesterday and I found him to be just as everyone here described. He shook my hand and all I could think about was how huge his hands were.

Always seems jovial and friendly, ISU is lucky to have him.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Great story. From everything I read, Craig sure seems to be a really great guy. If he wanted to, he could certainly walk around Ames thinking that we should just be thankful that he decided to stay this year.

But I would like to encourage everyone to really support the basketball team this year. Show up to ALL of the games. Cheer loud, no matter what. We can't win any games for the team, but we should try and really support the team and a player who came back despite the fact that he could be a millionaire by now.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Great story. From everything I read, Craig sure seems to be a really great guy. If he wanted to, he could certainly walk around Ames thinking that we should just be thankful that he decided to stay this year.

But I would like to encourage everyone to really support the basketball team this year. Show up to ALL of the games. Cheer loud, no matter what. We can't win any games for the team, but we should try and really support the team and a player who came back despite the fact that he could be a millionaire by now.

We'll be there! A couple of road games, too!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron