Daniyal Robinson

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
This kind of mention is highly speculative, but, maybe of greater interest because of coinciding with the Army football game. An article reporting (alleging) the firing of the Army basketball coach includes the statement: "Other reports of possible candidates mentioned Iowa State assistant Daniyal Robinson..." I don't know Robinson's role with the Cyclones - I'd hoped he would recruit the Chicago area - he's on somebody's radar.

Army mum on report of coach Jim Crews' firing - Sporting News staff reports - College Basketball - Sporting News

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I dont see many Chicago kids or anyone for that matter that wants to play pro ball to have to go serve a couple years overseas after they spend 4 years in college. Not the nearly the same as when Knight or K were there.

hursts

Apr 10, 2006
A lot of these early candidate lists include coaches whose own agents are floating their names out there. I would guess that Robinson has aspirations of being a head coach someday and his agent probably floated his name out there early on this one. I really hope we can keep Daniyal for at least a couple of more years. He is an incredible recruiter.

HardcoreClone

Jul 28, 2006
Just curious but who has Robinson brought in besides Colvin?

Dendy, as well as strong consideration from Randle, among other Chicago area players. I'd say that's pretty good for 1 year on the job and coming from a smaller program.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
We really need to keep him around at least for another year to wrap up some of his recruits for us.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron