Andy Fales...is an idiot.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Watching Soundoff tonight.

Andy Fales keeps saying the game Saturday night was blah. His only reasoning seems to be that we were only running the ball and haven't had a "spread explosion" yet. Meanwhile, he is jacking off about another certain game that happened Saturday night which had nothing even close to resembling a spread. The two don't really add up. I thought the 3rd quarter of the Army game was a thing of beauty. IMO -- One of the best quarters of Cyclone football in quite awhile and the way we should play every game.

Disclaimer: Not saying Fales shouldn't be excited about the Hawkeyes. He definitely should be. It just doesn't make sense how he's negative on the Cyclones.

DolphLundgren

Nov 11, 2008
Watching Soundoff tonight.

Andy Fales keeps saying the game Saturday night was blah. His only reasoning seems to be that we were only running the ball and haven't had a "spread explosion" yet. Meanwhile, he is jacking off about another certain game that happened Saturday night which had nothing even close to resembling a spread. The two don't really add up. I thought the 3rd quarter of the Army game was a thing of beauty. The way the Cyclones should play every game.

Disclaimer: Not saying Fales shouldn't be excited about the Hawkeyes. He definitely should be. It just doesn't make sense how he's negative on the Cyclones.

I didn't really take that away from his comments at all.

He was simply saying that it's kind of silly to spread out 5 WRs when you have a good RB and run the ball all the time. And I agree.

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I didn't really take that away from his comments at all.

He was simply saying that it's kind of silly to spread out 5 WRs when you have a good RB and run the ball all the time. And I agree.

Spreading the field out creates holes for your running back. The spread isn't just about throwing the ball. The spread "spreads" out the field.

A-Rob is top ten in rushing and it's working.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
This is one of the first times I've ever watched this. People actually like this?

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Did he say that? Did I miss that? hmmm my tv must be crappin on me, cause I missed that.

I have no idea what his position was. You claimed you understood, so I'm asking you to enlighten me.

I think he's saying we shouldn't run a spread offense, but not sure

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
Spreading the field out creates holes for your running back. The spread isn't just about throwing the ball. The spread "spreads" out the field.

A-Rob is top ten in rushing and it's working.

This. Putting 5 WRs on the field makes the defense account for all 5 of them, allowing less to focus on the run. No (smart) defense will ignore wideouts in order to stop the run, they'd get burned all day through the air. Herman has said in numerous interviews that he'll make the D cover all 53 yards of field width--seems to be working for our run game.

Swanson10

Jun 12, 2008
I have no idea what his position was. You claimed you understand, so I'm asking you to enlighten me.

The only thing I understand from his is that supposedly we shouldn't run a spread offense.

I "think" what he is trying to say is that we need to throw the ball more. And i completely agree. How much tape do BigXII defenses have now of us running the ball the whole game and AA struggling to throw it at times. We should have used the second half last night as a bit of a practice. But thats just me.

TarHeelHawk

Oct 22, 2008
W. Des Moines
I have no idea what his position was. You claimed you understood, so I'm asking you to enlighten me.

I think he's saying we shouldn't run a spread offense, but not sure

What he was saying (in my mind) is that he is wondering where the high-powered passing attack is supposed to be. Right now ISU is somewhat one-dimensional.

cycloneman003

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 14, 2008
Madison, WI
what pisses me off is that they keep calling adam robinson, A-Rob.... HE IS NOT A-ROB. The real A-Rob is alexander robinson. they have given him no credit really. #10 rusher in the nation and #2 in the Big XII, yet no mention of how great he has been. its all been how great adam robinson is. **** that. they are raggin on ISU a ton tonight

Rogue52

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 20, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
I "think" what he is trying to say is that we need to throw the ball more. And i completely agree. How much tape do BigXII defenses have now of us running the ball the whole game and AA struggling to throw it at times. We should have used the second half last night as a bit of a practice. But thats just me.

We were winning by 7 points to begin the 2nd half. If we had started "practicing" as you put it, we may have thrown the game away.

And they'd have tape of us throwing the ball if we did that.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN

Why would you try and fix something that isn't broken? We're running the ball very well right now and winning football games. Arnaud didn't look awful last night, and there were times his receivers weren't helping at all in most cases. We need them to realize you can't took from a sprint in one big step. Use smaller steps to make your breaks instead of trying to plant and falling down.

Plus, Big 12 teams already have a year and change of tape on Arnaud. There's not much we can do that they already don't know about Austen.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
This is one of the first times I've ever watched this. People actually like this?

Classic example of how bad local tv programming can be and why it is only on the air late at night.

I think Keith Murphy does a pretty decent job but otherwise Central Iowa is cursed with some of the worst local sports radio/tv people around -- Fales, Miller, Deace, and all the clowns that either worked for or got fired from KXNO.

Clone5

Jun 3, 2008
Iowa
what pisses me off is that they keep calling adam robinson, A-Rob.... HE IS NOT A-ROB. The real A-Rob is alexander robinson. they have given him no credit really. #10 rusher in the nation and #2 in the Big XII, yet no mention of how great he has been. its all been how great adam robinson is. **** that. they are raggin on ISU a ton tonight
In-state media is focusing on the most popular team in the state upsetting a top 5 team and not giving us our dues when we beat a ****** academy team and you are surprised? Who the hell cares "who the real A-Rob is?" It's a name, we don't need a patent on it to know who is better.