Congrats!!!

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.
Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
3-1 guys! Great job after what ol' cheesedick leftover! I didn't get to see any of the game but I was keeping track of it on my phone. You guys are coming along nicely and in all honesty I'm not looking forward to facing you guys the next couple of years. Looking forward, KSU is nothing, you guys will be 4-1 no problem!

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Thanks for the props. Obviously you guys had a huge win and have a huge upside this year.

helechopper

Loyal Son Forever True
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2006
Chicago
3-1 guys! Great job after what ol' cheesedick leftover! I didn't get to see any of the game but I was keeping track of it on my phone. You guys are coming along nicely and in all honesty I'm not looking forward to facing you guys the next couple of years. Looking forward, KSU is nothing, you guys will be 4-1 no problem!

All true.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Thanks guys. The Iowa/PSU game was unbelievable. But thats not the point of this post. The Cyclones are really looking good. Seriously, at the beginning of the season, coming off of a two win season, who would of thought you guys would of been 3-1 and leaning towards 4-1? I read a lot of the posts on here. There weren't many who thought that. PR is going to be a great coach for you guys. As a Hawk, that worries me. He really reminds me of the way Dan O Mac coached.

You guys have KSU next, and I really think you can beat them. As I stated before I think you guys also can take down Colorado. Sneak up on a team or two and you guys will be bowling no prob!

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Not gonna lie, I'd be pretty stoked if I were an Iowa fan.

+1.

Honestly, the only thing that keeps me away from being one of those 'cheer for both as long as they arent playing' isnt their players or coaches or the university itself... its more the majority of their fanbase annoying the hell out of me. (the OP not included in this,it was nice to see a post from a hawk without backhanded compliments). Not gonna lie, itd be a fun time to be a hawk fan right now. (and god knows over the years itd probably be easier on the heart. :biglaugh:)

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
Thanks guys. The Iowa/PSU game was unbelievable. But thats not the point of this post. The Cyclones are really looking good. Seriously, at the beginning of the season, coming off of a two win season, who would of thought you guys would of been 3-1 and leaning towards 4-1? I read a lot of the posts on here. There weren't many who thought that. PR is going to be a great coach for you guys. As a Hawk, that worries me. He really reminds me of the way Dan O Mac coached.

Bite your tongue!! Just kidding...sort of.

herbicide

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA
+1.

Honestly, the only thing that keeps me away from being one of those 'cheer for both as long as they arent playing' isnt their players or coaches or the university itself... its more the majority of their fanbase annoying the hell out of me. (the OP not included in this,it was nice to see a post from a hawk without backhanded compliments). Not gonna lie, itd be a fun time to be a hawk fan right now. (and god knows over the years itd probably be easier on the heart. :biglaugh:)

This is how I feel too. Good thing most of my Hawk fan friends are not the typical ones, they actually know football and don't worship Stanzi's undergarments.

Now, I will probably be banned from this site, but I am glad they took the 2nd most overrated team in history down in their own turf.

dustinal

Nov 14, 2006

I appreciate the sentiment (particularly from a Hawk fan), but I think a lot of people here thought a 3-1 non-conference record was possible. The tough part of the season begins next week.

You guys have KSU next, and I really think you can beat them. As I stated before I think you guys also can take down Colorado. Sneak up on a team or two and you guys will be bowling no prob!

I'll still be very pleasantly surprised if we can muster more than 2 wins in Big 12 play. I really, really hope I'm wrong though. After seeing KU get just a 7-point win over Southern Miss today, I'm beginning to think our game there may be winnable. Baylor and @ A&M are question marks for me right now.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
Bite your tongue!! Just kidding...sort of.

That's not a backhanded comment. Dan really cared for ISU. When he took over it was hard to swallow for a Hawk fan considering he played and coached for Iowa but you could really tell he cared for the team. PR is the same. He cares for the team. It's those type of coaches that will propel ISU to success, not flash in the pan guys like cheesedick who are looking ahead to other jobs.

stateofmind

Jul 16, 2007
Ankeny
Had Mac been more aggressive, he'd still be coaching here.

I think our coach understands that.

If he was afforded assistance he would've done great things. Chizik could afford good ones and hired buddies. CPR knows what he has and what he needs. There is a **** ton of work to do with ISU this year, and they still are winning big.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
That's not a backhanded comment. Dan really cared for ISU. When he took over it was hard to swallow for a Hawk fan considering he played and coached for Iowa but you could really tell he cared for the team. PR is the same. He cares for the team. It's those type of coaches that will propel ISU to success, not flash in the pan guys like cheesedick who are looking ahead to other jobs.

Had Mac been more aggressive, he'd still be coaching here.

I think our coach understands that.

Yeah, I didn't think it was backhanded, just that his playcalling drove us nuts sometimes. He did a lot of great things for the school clearly and I love having a coach who wants to be here. Mainly just a joke toward the fact that his playcalling drove us nuts at times.:smile:

I am extremely happy to be 3-1 and am very happy with our coaching staff.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I know it's very early to say, but I think Rhoads eventually will do what McCarney wasn't able to do - get us past the 7-win plateau on consistent basis. If you listened to the halftime interview, Rhoads seemed ****** that the defense allowed Army to score that TD before half. Said the team took its foot off the gas pedal. Notice Army didn't score any points after halftime (yeah, they did miss a FG). It's early, but it seems like Rhoads makes the halftime adjustments.

I think it's going to be an exciting next couple of years for ISU. We could be seeing the beginnings of something special here.

HawkFanISUalum

May 17, 2009
Iowa City, IA
Have to agree with the OP. Wish I could have watched both games tonight, but I did keep track of the scores. I thought ISU would win, but I honestly thought it'd be a closer score, as I figured Army's running game would wind big chunks of time off the clock.

Always happy when all 3 Iowa schools do well. Makes the entire state look good and helps recruiting across the board.

Keep up the good work. KSU & Colorado are definitely beatable for you, and I think you'll sneak up on a couple more teams. I'm predicting more than a few people on this board heading south come the end of the year.

LindenCy

Kevin Dresser Fan Club
Staff member
Mar 19, 2006
Chicago, IL
I would love to go to a bowl and think it's possible, but just want to keep expectations in check.

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
I would love to go to a bowl and think it's possible, but just want to keep expectations in check.

I can't blame you. Unlike a true Cyclone fan I don't have a vested interest in the team like you guys do so I can have expectations for the team unlike what you guys may have. In any case you guys can be assured that this Hawk fan is rooting for you guys!