ISU Recruit: Tom Farniok

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Wow, I ate a lot of food growing up but could you imagine what those boys could mow thru!
I wish it would mention the other schools looking at him, sounds like a great kid.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
No search results for Derek, the "little" bro on Rivals. If he's for real I hope we're on him like ugly on an ape. Washington and O'Gorman in SF are historically very good programs and I would trust the talent coming from there.

Inroads into SF and more SD recruiting in general is a very good idea IMO.

BooneCy

May 30, 2006
No search results for Derek, the "little" bro on Rivals. If he's for real I hope we're on him like ugly on an ape. Washington and O'Gorman in SF are historically very good programs and I would trust the talent coming from there.

Inroads into SF and more SD recruiting in general is a very good idea IMO.

Actually, you just had to change it to 2011

Derek Farniok - Yahoo! Sports

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006
Really like the sound of this kid. Smart and quick, at 260 lbs now with room to grow into a 285- 300 lb mobile center. Sounds like the perfect C for our spread offense down the road after he has a little time to beef up and adjust to the college game. Would be nice to land him and his brother!

cyclonejk

Jun 20, 2008
Another kid from South Dakota that ISU needs to look at is the quarterback from Brandon Valley. Austin Sumner is his name. He is on the verge of breaking every passing record in South Dakota history. About 6'4", 220 lbs. Cannon for an arm. His only scholarship offer thus far is South Dakota State.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
Another kid from South Dakota that ISU needs to look at is the quarterback from Brandon Valley. Austin Sumner is his name. He is on the verge of breaking every passing record in South Dakota history. About 6'4", 220 lbs. Cannon for an arm. His only scholarship offer thus far is South Dakota State.

Trust me...there is a reason for that.

sdcyfan

May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
You don't know what you're talking about. The QB from Brandon Valley just by looking at Barnett's videos is 10 times the passer Barnett is. I'm hoping Barnett is recruited more as an athlete than a QB. I would take Austin in a heartbeat.

cyclonejk

Jun 20, 2008
You don't know what you're talking about. The QB from Brandon Valley just by looking at Barnett's videos is 10 times the passer Barnett is. I'm hoping Barnett is recruited more as an athlete than a QB. I would take Austin in a heartbeat.

I completely agree from watching both also. I guarantee you by the end of the recruiting process, Austin will have some big time offers.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
According to Austin Sumner's football coach (recent interview on SF TV station), Austin has a offer from SDSU, but is in frequent conversations with Wisconsin and Iowa State.