is Adidas allowed to make these?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ISU42

Sep 21, 2009
Re: is adidas aloud to make these?

Lots of companies are allowed to make ISU apparel. Under Armour, Nike, Adidas, Tailgate, etc...

Last edited:

cmoore_23

Mar 23, 2006
Ankeny, IA

ok my mistake..

havent really seen much iowa state adidas stuff for a while

Cy's Taxi

Sep 16, 2007

as far as I understand yes, the only deal we have with Nike is with all Iowa State athletic uniforms, everything else is just off licenses

andynel88

Mar 20, 2007
adidas Iowa State Cyclones Red Relentless T-shirt - XXL - eBay (item 270447193683 end time Sep-23-09 20:54:32 PDT)

if im not mistaking.. im pretty sure nike has all rights to iowa state now and its been that way for a long time

No school is stupid enough to lock their logo into an exclusive deal with one brand or producer, nor is any producer or brand stupid enough to pay that much. Think about the success of stores like Dogtown and T-Galaxy and all the non-nike ISU stuff they produce, and how many places across the country there are like this in every single college town. If Nike had such exclusive rights could the bookstore even sell those just block print "Iowa State" shirts without it being approved by Nike? It seems ludicrous to think that Nike would control the ISU brand as such.
If you're thinking exclusive apparal deals those are done with the athletic departments for every sport for what the student athletes wear in practice and competition, then those still are kind of rare. Nike had paid a lot to have such deals with Michigan and CU and it didn't really pay off so it has faded out of style. I mean Nike doesn't even sponsor every sport completely at ISU (softball, swimming, wrestling).

Last edited:

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL

I do, too. But, I'm kind of a Nike snob. If it had the swoosh under the front, I would probably have already paid through Paypal...
As bad as that sounds, I am the same way. But, its not just because of Nike, but more of not liking adidas as much. I don't know what it is, but I'm more of a fan of the swoosh than the 3 stripes. But, I agree, if that was made by Nike with the exact same design, I would have paid through paypal as well.
It's amazing at how far that swoosh goes into marketing.

cycloneML

Mar 5, 2008
do they also make the burgundy crap that half of our teams and cheerleaders wore last year?

JY07

Aug 20, 2009
DSM

No, what's ironic is someone pointing out a spelling mistake and making one while doing it. That is quite ironic.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

I do, too. But, I'm kind of a Nike snob. If it had the swoosh under the front, I would probably have already paid through Paypal...

I'm the opposite. If it has a swoosh everybody else has it.