Laing is from Canada?

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Will this recent arrest get him sent back to Canada? I know the other two will probably be fine. However he is a legal allien in the United States but that comes with conditions. I think we might see the last of This guy. Anyone know the rules behind this type of thing?

CDN_Tailgater

Apr 11, 2006
Not sure the conditions he is under being a student athlete. I do know people who have been charged with something similar. One thing is anytime he goes throught customs it will be a headache.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but if the report of residue and a few seeds is all they found, that is a joke. Most any city in the US, except small town Iowa, there wouldn't even be any charges.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
I'm sure it's been mentioned before, but if the report of residue and a few seeds is all they found, that is a joke. Most any city in the US, except small town Iowa, there wouldn't even be any charges.

Exactly!! I have probably had more contrband residue on me from some of the concerts I have gone to than they did in their apartment. Rediculous.

drunkincy

Sep 2, 2009
Exactly!! I have probably had more contrband residue on me from some of the concerts I have gone to than they did in their apartment. Rediculous.

Same, even maybe a little second hand to go along with a great concert.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA

That isn't really the issue here.

I don't disagree that the laws in the US are too strict about this sort of thing, but as a scholarship athlete, you have to be smarter and cleaner than everyone else.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
That isn't really the issue here.

I don't disagree that the laws in the US are too strict about this sort of thing, but as a scholarship athlete, you have to be smarter and cleaner than everyone else.

May not be the exact issue here, but the reality is they had residue and some seeds no need to hang them at sunrise. They appear to be fully cooperating so I think they will get a slap on the wrist from the law and then CPR will have them training to be the best conditioned guys on the team.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
They are probably getting hosed. However my main question is kind of an important one. I don't beleive in sending him back to Canada. I don't think anyone should have to live in Canada. That place is horrible. It's worse than Lincoln, NE. THe probably is that it's not really an ISU issue. It's an ICE issue.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

send him back!! just kidding.

Reporter: But this isn't the first troublesome thing to come out of Canada... let's not forget Bryan Adams.

Prime Minister: Now, now now... the Canadian government has apologized for Bryan Adams on several occassions....

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
They are probably getting hosed. However my main question is kind of an important one. I don't beleive in sending him back to Canada. I don't think anyone should have to live in Canada. That place is horrible. It's worse than Lincoln, NE. THe probably is that it's not really an ISU issue. It's an ICE issue.

I thought Laing already was a hoser... :huh: