Prior done for the season

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
DMR Article

Too bad. I have a strong feeling Prior may be done for good. Not many people can come back from so many injuries to one arm.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Well, there's something absolutely no one expected.

Sad deal for Prior. For the Cubs? Well...I can't say I feel for them with as many problems as Wood and Prior have had over the last few years and not making moves for pitchers.

Wait...did I just talk baseball? Yeesh!

*running away screaming in pain*

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Like I said on another thread, I for one didn't expect to get anything out of Prior or Wood this year, or last. Doesn't hurt the Cubs at all.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
It is time for the Cubs to cut Prior and Wood loose. These guys both had tremendous potential earlier in their careers, but at this point it looks like neither one will overcome all of the injuries. I just don't see either player making significant contributions to the Cubs, ever. Time to move on. Maybe it will finally come together next year.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
That Prior for Tejada trade offer from a few years back is looking better and better.

HILLCYD

Nov 22, 2006
Couldn't have happened to a better guy.

What??? I don't even know how to respond to that. :baffled5wh:

Do you have some inside information on Mark Prior that says he is puppy killer or something?

You shouldn't wish injury on anyone.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
No surprise but at least this year they went out and got some pitchers and weren't pinning their rotation on Wood and Prior to be healthy this year like they did last year. That was a complete disaster last year when it was basically Zambrano and 4 rookies in the rotation.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
God love those critics who ripped apart the Twins for selecting Mauer over Prior.

Mauer will hit .400 at least once before his career is done. I'd put money on it.

CloneFan65

Apr 11, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
God love those critics who ripped apart the Twins for selecting Mauer over Prior.

Mauer will hit .400 at least once before his career is done. I'd put money on it.

Most people knew both players had great potential. But if you can get a kid that can throw like Prior threw you'd be nuts not to take him. No one could have predicted the injury problems Prior has had. Prior was probably the smarter pick at the time, even though it looks like injuries have shortened Prior's career.

jtd9046

Dec 20, 2006
Chicago
Most people knew both players had great potential. But if you can get a kid that can throw like Prior threw you'd be nuts not to take him. No one could have predicted the injury problems Prior has had. Prior was probably the smarter pick at the time, even though it looks like injuries have shortened Prior's career.

Even without the injuries you would be nuts to say Prior would have been the better pick. Would the Cubs like to have the batting champ on their team?

The Twins at the time made the smarter pick. They picked up a hometown kid and a potential face of the team. That helps put fans in the seats.

Last edited: