Banks,Laing, Hamlin (REAL Thread)

joefrog

Apr 29, 2008
Clive, Iowa
Rhoads needs to send a strong message. I do not want out program to start looking like the circus in Iowa City. Wins do not excuse bad behavior.

rdubbs

Feb 12, 2009
Central Iowa
Rhoads needs to send a strong message. I do not want out program to start looking like the circus in Iowa City. Wins do not excuse bad behavior.

Please tell me you don't honestly think ISU has a squeaky clean program with zero problems

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
I can't believe it took one reply to compare our situation to a school that has nothing to do with us. Honestly I thought it'd be the first post, but I was close. Rhoads' reaction to this situation has so little to do with anything that has ever or will ever happen in Iowa City is laughable. Please let the "we need to punish them harshly so we don't act like Iowa" talk end here.

Reactions: Rick

Incyte

Apr 12, 2007
Please tell me you don't honestly think ISU has a squeaky clean program with zero problems

ISU isn't squeaky clean but I would rather not see the amount of arrests rise to the level seen in Iowa City.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006

where did he say that? geesh.

I believe he is implying we act strongly to discourage future problems. Versus, acting passively and/or weakly to NOT discourage future problems.

-keep

Reactions: Cyclonestate78

MoreCowbell

Apr 23, 2009
I think no matter what punishment is handed down from CPR, there are going to be people who complain that it's not severe enough just as there will be people complaining that it's too harsh. What I don't think anyone is advocating, though, is that they get off scott-free.

I'm sure there will be a lot of thought that goes into the punishment. I'm guessing 3ish game suspension, some community service/treatment counseling, and lots and lots of laps. There are still a lot of unknown details (as it should be) that could affect the punishment.

d4nim4l

Apr 23, 2008
West Des Moines, IA
The fact that a warrant was out for their arrest by the Drug Task Force has me worried that this is just more than a bust for possession.

Glad to see the indefinite suspension come up quickly . We will be lucky to see Banks in an ISU uniform again.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I got tired of the other thread as it just turned in to a debate on legalizing marijuana.

I made this thread to discuss the facts of the matter, and breaking news. NOT TO DEBATE POT. That way people don't have to sift through all the other crap, and personal attacks.

3 Iowa State football players turn themselves in to Drug Task Force | DesMoinesRegister.com | The Des Moines Register

Sorry but this thread will turn into the last one because we still have people on here who think we should boot these guys for a minor first time offense. Until these people learn we all need to live in the real world and not some tough guy internet world matters like these will turn into fiasco's.

Reactions: CloneIce

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
I think no matter what punishment is handed down from CPR, there are going to be people who complain that it's not severe enough just as there will be people complaining that it's too harsh. What I don't think anyone is advocating, though, is that they get off scott-free.

I'm sure there will be a lot of thought that goes into the punishment. I'm guessing 3ish game suspension, some community service/treatment counseling, and lots and lots of laps. There are still a lot of unknown details (as it should be) that could affect the punishment.

Exactly right MCB. Whatever the punishment is it must be consistent and it must indeed be punishment.

DaddyMac

Oct 18, 2006

I'd say sit them this week versus Army, and leave them at home next week for the KC trip. 2 games. And IMO, not playing at a pro stadium like Arrowhead is a pretty big punishment for a college player.

More than your minor transgression, not the death penalty.

CycoCyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2009
Urbandale
They were suspended indefinitely, according to a statement released by the Iowa State athletic department.

CylentButDeadly

May 1, 2009
Windsor Heights, IA
Sorry but this thread will turn into the last one because we still have people on here who think we should boot these guys for a minor first time offense. Until these people learn we all need to live in the real world and not some tough guy internet world matters like these will turn into fiasco's.

Exactly. You can't let what a bunch of message board tools say directly impact how you feel about your team/coach/program, etc. Coach Rhoads will do the right thing and in so doing, he won't check Cyclone Fanatic or hawkeye report or ESPN.com to see what ISU, iowa or fans nationally think about it.

This is his program and he will run it according to his ethics & standards. What another coach at another university does in these situations will more than likely, not have any impact at all.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'd give 'em a choice. 2 game suspension and 6am workouts 7 days a week for both weeks regardless. They can either take a third game suspension and continue those workouts, or they have workouts at 5am instead of 6am for two weeks and they're good to go. If they show up late for any of them, suspend them longer. You make your statement, and you give them some of the discretion as to their punishment and you find out how much football really means to them.

It would've been 3 right off the top, but I'll give them some leeway for turning themselves in.

Last edited:

MB4CY

Aug 29, 2009
Norwalk, IA
I need to hear all the facts come out before I decide for myself what these guys deserve. Could be a 2 game sit-down slap on the wrist, or it could be the boot altogether.

There's obviously enough smoke here (poor choice of words?) to mean there's fire, but let's not hang them all yet until we know more about it.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
I wouldn't check Hawkeye report if I was Rhoads either but I might consider hawkhuddle.com. ;-)

I still think that is a hilariously-titled website. It's reminiscent of Hendrix's "kiss the sky/kiss that guy" lyric...Hawk Cuddle!:biglaugh:

Was it named that because of the way the Hawks hold hands in the "swarm"?? So cuddly.

Reactions: Cyfan322