Congrats!

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
First off, I would like to say congrats on breaking the road losing streak! Coming from a Hawk fran most of you probably won't give a crap about what I have to say but I truly mean it. You almost had a whole generation of recruits go through without knowing what it was like to win on the road and at least they got to know that feeling yesterday. When you got a streak like that going sometimes the stigma of it can make the opponent you face that much tougher but your team overcame that and did what they needed to do. Also, good to see AA turn it around after last week. I see he scored three TDs so it looks like he's starting to come into his own under the new offense.

Going forward, I think the upcoming Army game this week will be a tough battle due to their ground attack but due to it being in Jack Trice, I can see the clones pulling out another win. As for the K-state game, I would feel better for you guys if it was played at JT instead of a neutral field in KC however their just a horrible team and I think you should get a notch in the W column on that game too.

I said in a prior thread you guys have a great shot at opening up 4-1 this season which coming off of last years season would be a shock to a lot of people but it would also be a testament to how hard your guys play and how solid you guys stand behind your team. I think down the road Colorado should be another game you can win so the only thing left that would need to be done is hopefully you can catch one of your other opponents off guard and you could see a six win season. Good luck the rest of the way.

Reactions: ISUKyro

kgreeny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Thank You. Good post.

I'm hoping the hawks are just a lot better then we all gave them credit for. And that is hard for me to say.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
Thank You. Good post.

I'm hoping the hawks are just a lot better then we all gave them credit for. And that is hard for me to say.

I agree. It was so hard to tell after our miserable performance against Iowa just how good they really are. They looked pretty solid yesterday again but I think the Penn State game will be a really good indicator. Iowa always seems to play very well in Happy Valley. When is the PSU game by the way?

Nov 23, 2008
Norwalk via Marshalltown
I agree. It was so hard to tell after our miserable performance against Iowa just how good they really are. They looked pretty solid yesterday again but I think the Penn State game will be a really good indicator. Iowa always seems to play very well in Happy Valley. When is the PSU game by the way?

It's a night game. I can't remember if it starts at 7:00 eastern or 7:00 central though.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
First off, I would like to say congrats on breaking the road losing streak! Coming from a Hawk fran most of you probably won't give a crap about what I have to say but I truly mean it. You almost had a whole generation of recruits go through without knowing what it was like to win on the road and at least they got to know that feeling yesterday. When you got a streak like that going sometimes the stigma of it can make the opponent you face that much tougher but your team overcame that and did what they needed to do. Also, good to see AA turn it around after last week. I see he scored three TDs so it looks like he's starting to come into his own under the new offense.

Going forward, I think the upcoming Army game this week will be a tough battle due to their ground attack but due to it being in Jack Trice, I can see the clones pulling out another win. As for the K-state game, I would feel better for you guys if it was played at JT instead of a neutral field in KC however their just a horrible team and I think you should get a notch in the W column on that game too.

I said in a prior thread you guys have a great shot at opening up 4-1 this season which coming off of last years season would be a shock to a lot of people but it would also be a testament to how hard your guys play and how solid you guys stand behind your team. I think down the road Colorado should be another game you can win so the only thing left that would need to be done is hopefully you can catch one of your other opponents off guard and you could see a six win season. Good luck the rest of the way.

FYI... you need to stop stating your opinion with the disclaimer that nobody will care what you have to say anyway. We appreciate fans of other teams that can come on here and contribute and not just be d-bags. You sir are a contributor.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
FYI... you need to stop stating your opinion with the disclaimer that nobody will care what you have to say anyway. We appreciate fans of other teams that can come on here and contribute and not just be d-bags. You sir are a contributor.

I was thinking the same thing. My hatred for the Hawks would be much much lower if all of there fans could post things as civil, and well thought out as that.

jumbopackage

Sep 18, 2007

Whole-heartedly agree. That being said, there is a small contingent of haters that will tell you to leave regardless of having a valid opinion mostly due to their blind rage for anything black and gold.

If we get 5 wins this year, I think that's a success for our team. 6 is overachieving a little, IMO.

5 definitely seems attainable though at this point.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
Whole-heartedly agree. That being said, there is a small contingent of haters that will tell you to leave regardless of having a valid opinion mostly due to their blind rage for anything black and gold.

If we get 5 wins this year, I think that's a success for our team. 6 is overachieving a little, IMO.

5 definitely seems attainable though at this point.

I think 4 is success. That still doubles what we won last season. While it's not great by any stretch, it's a step in the right direction.

Ace000087

Jun 10, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
www.f35.com

I wish more Hawkeye fans were as classy as you. Thanks for the post.

Scott34

Mar 16, 2007
Cedar Rapids

I will also say, they looked better against us than I thought they were going to. And I think Stanzi is playing better than I thought he would. He still has his moment but when settles down, he becomes a pretty decent quarterback. Thank you for being one of the few classy Hawk fans that isn't afraid to give praise to "the other team"! Good luck to you and your Hawks in the rest of the season.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
I think 4 is success. That still doubles what we won last season. While it's not great by any stretch, it's a step in the right direction.

I have to respectfully disagree with you. To me, we would have won 4 with or without Chiz this year. I know its a new system and all, but we do have talent and this year is as easy a schedule as we are going to get. To me less than four = not good, 4-5= acceptable, 6= great turnaround, over 6= give PR a contract for life.

whocares

Aug 28, 2009
Here's some praise from another Hawkeye fan. We're not all bad. And just so you know, the only time I root agaist ISU is when they play Iowa. That said, I think it's fantastic that Iowa State ended that road losing streak.

Even though it was against quite possibly one of the worst D-1 teams in the nation, breaking that streak was the first step to getting back on track, and I think Paul Rhoads will have ISU headed in the right direction.

I'm very impressed with the coorrdinators and assistant coaches he's brought in, and I truly believe the Cyclones will be a much better team at the end of the year than they were at the beginning, which hasn't always been the case. In the next two or three years, as Burnham and Herman get their recruits in place, ISU could be a scary team!

Good luck the rest of the season!

GaryJohnson

Sep 11, 2008
Chicago
Yep, nice win yesterday guys. Congrats. That's as important for the psychological health of the team/program as it is for the straight W/L thing.

I think starting out 4-1 is very doable as well, plus one (or even two) more against someone you're "not supposed" to beat.

Good luck the rest of the way, and stay healthy.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
I have to respectfully disagree with you. To me, we would have won 4 with or without Chiz this year. I know its a new system and all, but we do have talent and this year is as easy a schedule as we are going to get. To me less than four = not good, 4-5= acceptable, 6= great turnaround, over 6= give PR a contract for life.

Number of wins aside, I would really like this team to continue to get better through the year. Whether we get 4 or 6 wins doesn't matter to me as much. If we can continue to compete & end up playing really solid ball by the end of the year (unlike last year), I'l be happy, knowing the first year of a new regime is always tough.

galactawitz

Nov 27, 2007
Ames
Number of wins aside, I would really like this team to continue to get better through the year. Whether we get 4 or 6 wins doesn't matter to me as much. If we can continue to compete & end up playing really solid ball by the end of the year (unlike last year), I'l be happy, knowing the first year of a new regime is always tough.

I do agree with you on this. However, to me number of victories this year may mean more than next year. Our schedule next year is absolutely brutal. We bring in Utah, Northern Illinois (who beat Purdue yesterday), and UNI (remember 07 and 2 weeks ago vs. Iowa?). Those are supposed to be our almost guaranteed wins most years. We get Iowa at Iowa, and throw Oklahoma, Texas, and Tech back on the schedule. We could play very good football and have a better team next year and still only get 3 or 4 wins. Thats why I think it is important to post good number and maybe even get to a bowl this year, because the next 2 years could be brutal. Getting to a bowl this year would give our team the added bonus of practice time to further learn the system for next year, along with valuable confidence and momentum.